Valor

Biometrics walk-in rejected

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience today about early walk-in for my biometrics appointment. I received the letter last Friday which had my biometrics scheduled for later this month. However, I'm traveling abroad later this afternoon and won't be back couple days after my appointment. I tried walk-in this morning and the building was not busy at all. However, the manager told me that they don't accept walk-in today and I had to reschedule. I politely asked him if I could come back at a later time but the answer was still no. He had me checked the reschedule box and took my appointment letter with him. I have two questions:

1). For anyone who had rescheduled their biometrics, do you know how soon the new appointment letter usually arrives?

2). I didn't have time to read the reschedule process carefully, is it enough to give them the appointment letter with the reschedule box checked? I read it online that someone said he also had to send a copy to the another service center(VSC)?

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

We had to send the request to reschedule to the other service center as per the instructions. This was in March. Our service center does not allow walk-ins either. We never received a rescheduled appointment. My daughter did not receive her I797 form when we submitted the ROC in February , after calling USCIS they sent her the form and later a biometrics appointment. My husband went on that date because  the ROC application was submitted together. He was seen then after we explained the situation to the officer

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If at all possible I would suggest that people make a point to attend the first ASC  biometrics appointment that they are assigned. If not, realize that you are at the mercy of the ASC scheduling minions in Alexandria, VA. After reading a couple of recent threads in the forum, walk-ins are generally not being accepted at this time. The general impression being if you didn't care for the first appointment selection, you will like the second appointment selection even less. It could result in even further delays in processing of your immigration petition/application.

YMMV.

Good luck on you your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

38 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

If at all possible I would suggest that people make a point to attend the first ASC  biometrics appointment that they are assigned. If not, realize that you are at the mercy of the ASC scheduling minions in Alexandria, VA. After reading a couple of recent threads in the forum, walk-ins are generally not being accepted at this time. The general impression being if you didn't care for the first appointment selection, you will like the second appointment selection even less. It could result in even further delays in processing of your immigration petition/application.

YMMV.

Good luck on you your immigration journey.

I am now making changes on all my returning flights.. thanks for the input 

N400

1 hour ago, VeVe said:

We had to send the request to reschedule to the other service center as per the instructions. This was in March. Our service center does not allow walk-ins either. We never received a rescheduled appointment. My daughter did not receive her I797 form when we submitted the ROC in February , after calling USCIS they sent her the form and later a biometrics appointment. My husband went on that date because  the ROC application was submitted together. He was seen then after we explained the situation to the officer

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now making changes to my flights.

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.