Jump to content

Removing conditions with child included

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
On 7/5/2019 at 8:26 PM, newbeginnings17 said:

Hello Folks,

I would like to know if a separate i751 will have to be filed for a child of 16 years old, or should the child information be placed on the mothers i751 form?



Time for you to start getting acquainted with the Form I-751 instructions:


Who May File Form I-751?

If you were granted conditional resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, use FormI-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to file for the removal of those conditions. If you have dependent children who acquired conditional resident status on the same day as you or within 90 days thereafter, then include the names and Alien Registration Numbers (A-Numbers) of these children in Part 5. of Form I-751 in order to request that the conditions on their status be removed as well. If you have dependent children who did not acquire conditional resident status on the same day as you or within 90 days thereafter, or if the conditional resident parent is deceased, then thosedependent children must each file Form I-751 separately to have the conditions on their status removed.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 , page 1 (emphasis added)


It is pretty straight-forward, post any more questions after you have read the instructions. The VJ filled-out example can also be helpful: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-751.pdf


Good luck on your immigration journey.



Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...