KJandSH

Affadavits for I-751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

On the instructions that come with the I-751 from USCIS, it says that 'you should have at least 2 affadavits from people who have known you since your conditional permanent residence status was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship'

On the visajourney directions it says 'if you are short on documents that have both of your names listed on them you MAY include affadavits from people who know you as a couple.'

So, are the affadavits actually required? I have plenty of other evidence and would like to skip them if I could to get the paperwork out quickly.

Any personal experiences of people who have NOT done affadavits and had their petition accepted and did not hear from USCIS that they were required?

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The more evidence you provide them of a bona fide marriage relationship, that includes affidavits from friends, helps get an approval of lifting conditions with out USCIS calling you in for an interview.

Lots of good info can be found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-re...conditions.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

YuAndDan That first link you posted is where I found that you MAY send affadavits, but they are not required. The second link looks more like what USCIS says.

We have lots of evidence, including the birth certificates of our new twins. I feel like our evidence is strong enough without the affadavits. If I have to have affadavits, I will have my parents and a friend of mine write them up, but it seems to me that 'hard evidence' like birth certificates, bank accounts, etc. would be more trustworthy in the eyes of the USCIS than letters from my friends and family.

Kristi

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a friend who went through the AOS process years after she got married (LONG STORY, trust me on that one!), and she was initially rejected and sent home to bring back more specific evidence. One of the the things they specifically asked for was affadavits of support. Based on her experience, I made sure to include some in my packet.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

We didn't do affidavits, of course we are not yet approved yet, but I've read about quite a few ppl here on VJ that got approved without them. Key is to provide a good and consitent range of evidences - not everyone will have everything. We regarded the other evidence we provided enough, and chose to not do affidavits.

Seeing that you have a child together, I wouldn't think they even question your case in any way if you send in the birth certificate. That's the strongest evidence anyone could send in - in my opinion.

Anyway, do whatever you feel comfortable with. All the best!

Edited by tweety

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hello

If you can include them then great, we did, it is not needed if you read the newest forms, I think you only need them if you have less than satisfactory evidence, always go by what the USCIS forms say if you are unsure!! that is my motto

25 Feb - NOA1

13 Jul - NOA2

22 Jul - Received by NVC

27 Jul - Sent to Auckland Consulate (YAY!!)

02 Aug - Packet 3 sent

04 Aug - Packet 3 recieved by Sonya :)

05 Aug - DS230 partI sent to consulate.

06Aug - Medical exam done with xrays and blood tests.

08 Sept - INTERVIEW!!!

14 Sept - Visa received in mail

16 Oct - Flight booked for today!!!!!

21 Nov - Wedding Day!

08 Dec - EAD card in Sonya's hands

10 Dec - Went to apply for SSN, told not in comp. system yet!!

17 Dec - Went to apply SSN 2nd time, told the same, applied anyway, told it will take 4-6 weeks (oh bother)

06 Jan - Appointment for fingerprinting.

Jan - SSN recieved!!!!!

Feb - uneventful

29 Mar - AOS Interview.

Filed: Timeline

Kristi,

No, it does not say "you should have", and you do not need to have.

Yodrak

On the instructions that come with the I-751 from USCIS, it says that 'you should have at least 2 affadavits from people who have known you since your conditional permanent residence status was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship'

Kristi

Timeline

Thanks to all who have replied. I put 'should have' in quotes and Yodrak is right, it does not say that. It was confusing to me the way it is stated on the instructions, because it falls under a bullet point as if you need to have affadavits. It's great that they are not required.

Kristi

.png

.png

Timeline

Well, I send out the I-751 petition today without the affadavits and feel so good to have it sent in. Thanks for everyone's responses. It is a relief to get it in since my husband's card expires on July 7th and I don't have lots of free time to get this stuff around with 2 month old twins!

Kristi

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We have lots of evidence, including the birth certificates of our new twins.

That in itself should be sufficient. Although we included other evidence -- e.g., deed, tax returns, etc. -- it all pales in comparison to the birth certificates of our two children. So you certainly do not need affidavits.

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.