Emmandis

Case Ready -But No Packet 3 Naples Consulate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I have a general inquiry: Is the Packet 3 Email reliable/required to proceed with the Medical Exam and Interview for the Naples, Italy Consulate interview for K-1 Visas? We received the email from the NVC stating that our case number and file was headed to Naples. Our CEAC Case Status changed to "Ready" on the website on July 2nd. I heard that the Packet 3 email normally follows the status update on the same day. I've also heard that Naples doesn't always send it, but when they do, sometimes it's weeks later. I already have Packet 3/Medical instructions from another forum. We've completed the DS-160, paid the fee, and scheduled the interview for 3 weeks from today. I just want to know if I should reach out to the embassy to get the email. Do we actually need a print-out of the consulate's email to carry to the medical and/or consulate inteview? Thanks!

Timeline

Hi, we are in the same boat.  I also scheduled an interview before receiving packet 3.  I received my packet 3 about a week later after I scheduled my interview.  Have you heard anything from the consulate regarding medical interview?  I scheduled my consulate interview and to my understanding the consulate schedules our medical appointment the day before our consulate interview but I have not heard from them.  Does anyone know how the consulate contact us for medical appointment?

Timeline
7 hours ago, golden78 said:

Hi, we are in the same boat.  I also scheduled an interview before receiving packet 3.  I received my packet 3 about a week later after I scheduled my interview.  Have you heard anything from the consulate regarding medical interview?  I scheduled my consulate interview and to my understanding the consulate schedules our medical appointment the day before our consulate interview but I have not heard from them.  Does anyone know how the consulate contact us for medical appointment?

Hi! I downloaded these instructions from the consulate's website. The medical is automatically scheduled. Based on the instructions I don't expect any confirmation from the medical exam. You just need to bring what's asked in the instructions. i'll post a real link directly from the consulate website later when I have time to look for it again.

Medical_Instructions_Eng_Jan-2019.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

You can download the Packet3 for the Naples Consulate yourself, here https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JMK_IT said:

You can download the Packet3 for the Naples Consulate yourself, here https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/

Thanks for posting the link! I just want to know if they ask for a print-out of any evidence that the consulate contacted you personally. Does the Packet 3 email need to be carried to the medical or the interview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 7/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, Emmandis said:

Thanks for posting the link! I just want to know if they ask for a print-out of any evidence that the consulate contacted you personally. Does the Packet 3 email need to be carried to the medical or the interview?

Not really, the only confirmation they request is the receipt of the $265 consular fee once you schedule your appointment. 

Packet3 doesn't need to be brought to the interview or medical.

I recommend you this FB group for any other inquiry/doubt/advice https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italians.Who.Marry.Americans.K1.AoS/ 

In bocca al lupo! 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

• 1 month later...

hi.. so frustrated right now.. please help, me and my fiance just scheduled an appointment for interview, because we have been reading threads that we can schedule an appointment even without the packet 3.... we have not received packet 3, but the case says its ready, so we scheduled an appointment, now we did everything, and at the end, she entered all her card numbers to pay, but it did not show how much she paid, did not show even the receipt number, they just sent her the email confirmation that she has an interview on september 18, 2019,  but no receipt number, so i called the naples contact number, and they said that she scheduled for a regular visa interview instead of K1 visa appointment, they said that we had to wait for the packet 3 because it has the specific instructions needed.. im so frustrated right now, can someone help us please?? thanku.. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:10 PM, Emmandis said:

Hi! I downloaded these instructions from the consulate's website. The medical is automatically scheduled. Based on the instructions I don't expect any confirmation from the medical exam. You just need to bring what's asked in the instructions. i'll post a real link directly from the consulate website later when I have time to look for it again.

Medical_Instructions_Eng_Jan-2019.pdf 82.91 kB · 5 downloads

On 7/4/2019 at 5:53 AM, Emmandis said:

Hi Everyone, I have a general inquiry: Is the Packet 3 Email reliable/required to proceed with the Medical Exam and Interview for the Naples, Italy Consulate interview for K-1 Visas? We received the email from the NVC stating that our case number and file was headed to Naples. Our CEAC Case Status changed to "Ready" on the website on July 2nd. I heard that the Packet 3 email normally follows the status update on the same day. I've also heard that Naples doesn't always send it, but when they do, sometimes it's weeks later. I already have Packet 3/Medical instructions from another forum. We've completed the DS-160, paid the fee, and scheduled the interview for 3 weeks from today. I just want to know if I should reach out to the embassy to get the email. Do we actually need a print-out of the consulate's email to carry to the medical and/or consulate inteview? Thanks!

hi.. so frustrated right now.. please help, me and my fiance just scheduled an appointment for interview, because we have been reading threads that we can schedule an appointment even without the packet 3.... we have not received packet 3, but the case says its ready, so we scheduled an appointment, now we did everything, and at the end, she entered all her card numbers to pay, but it did not show how much she paid, did not show even the receipt number, they just sent her the email confirmation that she has an interview on september 18, 2019,  but no receipt number, so i called the naples contact number, and they said that she scheduled for a regular visa interview instead of K1 visa appointment, they said that we had to wait for the packet 3 because it has the specific instructions needed.. im so frustrated right now, can someone help us please?? thanku

Timeline
On 8/19/2019 at 4:54 AM, d.j said:

hi.. so frustrated right now.. please help, me and my fiance just scheduled an appointment for interview, because we have been reading threads that we can schedule an appointment even without the packet 3.... we have not received packet 3, but the case says its ready, so we scheduled an appointment, now we did everything, and at the end, she entered all her card numbers to pay, but it did not show how much she paid, did not show even the receipt number, they just sent her the email confirmation that she has an interview on september 18, 2019,  but no receipt number, so i called the naples contact number, and they said that she scheduled for a regular visa interview instead of K1 visa appointment, they said that we had to wait for the packet 3 because it has the specific instructions needed.. im so frustrated right now, can someone help us please?? thanku.. 

Hi, I think you should start a separate thread/new topic. The payment website asks specific questions to make sure you are paying for a non-immigrant K-1 visa even though it's initially handled like an immigrant visa by the consulate. Sorry, I'm not sure how you can un-do the payment and scheduled interview. Hope it turns out well!

Timeline

About Packet 3, I never did receive the Packet 3 email from the consulate. I got the Packet 3 from a link somewhere here on visa journey and all of its instructions were accurate. The important documentation needed is the confirmation of payment receipt from the visa payment website and the ds-160 confirmation page with the barcode.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.