Tiffany Chang

Interview Notice has no children's names

7 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi, we just received the immigration interview appointment notice; however, the children's names are not on this letter; only mother's name is shown there. We paid all the fee and completed DS260 and all required supported documents for children too. Then we found out the children's name disappeared from NVC online CEAC website. We had whole family names shown on this website until this week we received the letter without seeing children's name any more. Interview date is here soon. Does any one know what happened here. Is it possible NVC forgot the children? We have done all the six steps for all family. Thank you.

What is the visa class? Is the petitioner a USC or LPR? Did each child have their own I-130? 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
3 hours ago, NikLR said:

What is the visa class? Is the petitioner a USC or LPR? Did each child have their own I-130? 

Family based, sister of USC. Their date 6/30/2006 became current and finished DS260 and fee paid for mother and two children. Filed in one I-130 and got approved 12/19/2009.  Mother just got interview notice but children names are not on the letter. Thank you!

50 minutes ago, Tiffany Chang said:

Family based, sister of USC. Their date 6/30/2006 became current and finished DS260 and fee paid for mother and two children. Filed in one I-130 and got approved 12/19/2009.  Mother just got interview notice but children names are not on the letter. Thank you!

Ds-260 for each child as well?  They should call the NVC

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 hour ago, Tiffany Chang said:

Are the two children over 21 years old now?

Timeline

Based on our calculation for CSPA, our younger child is only 20 years and 5 months and the visa available date only 14 days away from our priority date.  Literally this child is not aging out. Is it because the visa available date is not current, so they kick out my younger child? I email them to ask them to add this child back and ask if this child can join mother's interview date in August. Cross finger and hope they can reconsider this. We are so sad  after waiting for 14 years...

Is there anyone with this experience to share? 

Timeline

We called NVC and wait for one hour until we can talk to them. They told us the younger child is aging out. We were sad to know that. But based on my calculation, the younger child is only CSPA 20 years 5 months. The reason NVC told us that this child is aging out is possibly because his visa available day is still 14 days away so NVC kicked him out? Should I call them again to ask them why they calculated differently from ours? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.