Erik_and_Angela

K1 Visa approved, CEAC says Issued, how can we check the delivery status on my fiancee's passport?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey everyone! So my fiancee and I had our interview in Bogota, Colombia last Tuesday, June 25th. We weren't given an approval or denial at the interview, but they kept her passport and since then I have checked our status on the CEAC website and as of June 28th her visa has been Issued.

My fiancee currently lives in Medellin, Colombia, which is either an hour flight or 16 hour drive from Bogota. She expedited her passport delivery to be sent directly to her house rather than at a DHL pickup location, and in the email confirmation for her delivery she was given an Order Number, Reference Number, and a PIN, but no Tracking Number. I have tried to see if I can search the delivery by any of those but it returns no results.

Is there a way for us to find out the Tracking Number or another way for us to track her passport? I know it has only been a week since the interview and 5 days since it was Issued, but we would like to know the status on when it will be delivered so we can start making travel plans for her.

Thank you!

*~*~*country-specific question moved to regional forum - question about passport delivery times in Colombia*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, inloveVEN said:

it should be arriving soon in  a couple of days if you dont have a tracking number is really almost imposible. maybe you can find a phone number related to the services and ask

Yeah, my fiancee called DHL and said they need the tracking number to find it. I emailed the Embassy to see if they could send us it. Kind of stupid not to provide that to us...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.