D and L

I-130 Petition - NVC

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh my... What a journey!  It seems like you and Odysseus can relate :P.  Thanks again for sharing and I am glad your mother is with you now.  

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

@USS_VoyagerMy mom finally got the interview letter after months and months of waiting. COVID didn't help either, of course.  I've prepared a list of questions to help prep her.  Would you mind taking a look and tell me if there's something I missed? Much appreciated!

1. What is your son/daughter's name? I tell her to say both my maiden name and married name since I changed it after my marriage. Is it an overkill?
  2. What is your son/daughter's DOB?
  3. What does your son/daughter do?
  4. Where does your son/daughter live? For this question, my mother already can pronounce my state alright, but I'm not sure if she has to learn the street address, which will be doable, but harder because it's all English.  Do they go to this level of details?
  5. When did your son/daughter go to the US and for how long?
  6. How did your son/daughter migrate to the US? I tell her to start with how I came on a scholarship, stayed for work, and then got married and settled there.  Is that too much? Should she just stop at me coming for school?
  7. When did your son/daughter get married? We held our ceremonies twice, one in the US and one in VN.  Should she say both or just one? If just one, which one?
  8. How did your son/daughter meet their spouse?  I'm not sure if they'll go as far as asking about my husband, who's not a co-sponsor (I'm sponsoring her myself), and things like what does he do for work, etc.
  9. When was the last time you went to the US? How long did you stay?
  10. Why do you want to migrate to the US?

Besides what the Consulate suggests to bring to prove petitionable relationship like old school records, household registration book, should my mom bring pictures with she and I in them? How far do I need to go? Everyone keeps saying IR5 is the easiest of them all but you can say that only after the visa has been approved! Here I am still being a worrywart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.