msmarie0

resubmitted civil documents step daughter jamaica

20 posts in this topic

hi everyone! 

I submitted all of our financial and civil documents for my step daughter and her passport was rejected because it was scanned vertically instead of horizontally (not purposely). I resubmitted the document a few hours after i received the message but it has been approximately 2 weeks and is still showing as "submitted" on the website. Does anyone know what the turn around period is?

Thanks for any info anyone has! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Normal processing is 3 weeks. I spoke to the NVC this week and they said they are running a little behind three weeks, so it could go to month as of right now. When you reach three weeks and one day from your submission you can call the NVC and request a supervisor review for being outside of normal processing time. 

You scanned vertically? Normally thats how the NVC wants all documents...

ok thanks... 

yes I didn't see any rules as to how documents should be scanned so I just submitted them without a second thought. But I received the rejection and it stated

"This document is not in the right-side up position. Please replace this with a scan which displays the words horizontally on the screen."  

I fixed it right away and unfortunately now I've delayed my case. I will take your advice and wait the full 3 weeks before calling. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, msmarie0 said:

ok thanks... 

yes I didn't see any rules as to how documents should be scanned so I just submitted them without a second thought. But I received the rejection and it stated

"This document is not in the right-side up position. Please replace this with a scan which displays the words horizontally on the screen."  

I fixed it right away and unfortunately now I've delayed my case. I will take your advice and wait the full 3 weeks before calling. 

Call to confirm the orientation of the photo, I would do that because you want to make sure before delaying your case any further...

49 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

You scanned vertically? Normally thats how the NVC wants all documents...

No, this is not correct..

The document should be uploaded in the position that one would be able to read or see it without having to tilt their head. That’s the easiest way to describe it 😊

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

6 minutes ago, msmarie0 said:

ok thats how i submitted the new version so hopefully it goes smoothly from there. All of the other documents were received and accepted so fingers crossed we do not have any other issues. 

You should be good then 👍🏻

I had the same thing, all my documents (except for 1) were accepted after only 5 days. I was so happy, but we had to resubmit the 1 document that was the ‘wrong way up’ and it took them 3 weeks just to review and accept that one.. 🙄

“It’s been 84 years…” 

12 minutes ago, msmarie0 said:

yes i was sooo excited it was accepted so quickly, now i'm so mad at myself! hahahaha

how long did it take you to be scheduled for an interview? (I know it varies by embassy- I'm just curious lol)

About 2 weeks after my documents were all accepted did I receive the interview letter. My interview will be July 30th.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Recently, they need 4 weeks to review the docs and I guess will be exacerbated by the 4th July holiday. Hopefully the speed will improve and your one will be accepted soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update...we are going on to week 5 with no movement from NVC. All of the other documents are still showing accepted and the passport i had to rescan and send again still shows "submitted". 😞 

I've tried calling and emailing but have gotten the general "you have to keep waiting." response. I am going to try to call again today. I will also be reaching out to my congressman to see if they can assist me as well. 

I actually woke up to great news, I called NVC yesterday and waited on hold for an hour to get to a representative. But she did let me know that when I resubmitted my document for some reason they did not forward to the correct department to be reviewed again. She fixed the issue by escalating it to a supervisor and this morning all of my documents were showing accepted and I had an email stating I will receive a letter for an interview date shortly!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, msmarie0 said:

I actually woke up to great news, I called NVC yesterday and waited on hold for an hour to get to a representative. But she did let me know that when I resubmitted my document for some reason they did not forward to the correct department to be reviewed again. She fixed the issue by escalating it to a supervisor and this morning all of my documents were showing accepted and I had an email stating I will receive a letter for an interview date shortly!!!

Congrats! I have the same problem with "wrong side-up" document. I thought that only me who had this issue. I have submitted passport again but still no news yet. It's been almost 5 weeks now. 

@msmarie0, did you get interview scheduled yet? I am curious.

2016-11-28: I-130 Sent

2016-11-25: I-130 NOA1

2017-07-21: I-130 Approved (after 238 days)

2017-08-01: NVC Received

2017-08-05: AOS Bill/Paid

2017-08-30: Case Completed (Electronic processing)

2017-10-03: Interview date (U.S Consulate in Sydney Australia)

2017-10-03: Visa Approved

2017-10-15: Received visa/passport

2017-10-20: LAX POE

---------

Remove Conditions: 

2019-07-22: I-751 Sent to AZ

2019-07-24: Received and Scanned

2019-08-02: Received 18 month extension Letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.