13 posts in this topic

Hello guys

Thank you so much for being so helpful in these forums, me and my fiancee appreciate all the help so much!

Quick question, because I am really confused.

So we got our petition approved, and now it's in the process of being sent to the NVC, my question is; Are there any steps that we should worry about with NVC? Will they contact us to send them any documents to prepare our case for the embassy? Or is the NVC  basically just a router from USCIS to the embassy and then I'll handle all the paperwork with the embassy?

I am really confused because some resources say that NVC will contact the beneficiary to send them the visa form, fees, and other documents. And others don't mention this at all and just say that the NVC will send the case to the embassy then the embassy will contact the beneficiary.

Thank you for your time and help guys! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Béchameloo said:

Hello guys

Thank you so much for being so helpful in these forums, me and my fiancee appreciate all the help so much!

Quick question, because I am really confused.

So we got our petition approved, and now it's in the process of being sent to the NVC, my question is; Are there any steps that we should worry about with NVC? Will they contact us to send them any documents to prepare our case for the embassy? Or is the NVC  basically just a router from USCIS to the embassy and then I'll handle all the paperwork with the embassy?

I am really confused because some resources say that NVC will contact the beneficiary to send them the visa form, fees, and other documents. And others don't mention this at all and just say that the NVC will send the case to the embassy then the embassy will contact the beneficiary.

Thank you for your time and help guys! 

For the i129f, NVC is only a connecting flight to the foreign post. 

NVC will only send you a notice that a case number has been assigned and the case had been forwarded 

Everything for a  k1 is handled by the visa applicant locally in their country of interview 

Whether or not the embassy will contact the applicant is location specific.   Some so, some don't 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

For the i129f, NVC is only a connecting flight to the foreign post. 

NVC will only send you a notice that a case number has been assigned and the case had been forwarded 

Everything for a  k1 is handled by the visa applicant locally in their country of interview 

Whether or not the embassy will contact the applicant is location specific.   Some so, some don't 

Thank you!

But what do you mean that the embassy might not contact the applicant?

How would they proceed with the visa process if they aren't connected by the embassy?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Béchameloo said:

Thank you!

But what do you mean that the embassy might not contact the applicant?

How would they proceed with the visa process if they aren't connected by the embassy?

Because instructions are already online.  As an example If I was waiting for Manila to contact,  my wife wouldn't already be here

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Béchameloo said:

So the applicant can just start with the non-immigrant visa application and interview date assigning and preparing all the documents...etc, the second they hears from the NVC even if the embassy doesn't contact them, correct?

In some locations.   Your answer needs to be specific to your interviewing post

YMMV

Try using your embassy for next steps.

https://il.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
7 hours ago, Dave/Dona said:

I"m in the process of getting my fiance here from the Philippines via the K1. got the approval letter from USCIS. just looked at the NVC page and it's saying I have to follow the next steps...pick and agent, pay another fee.... I dont have to do these steps?

You do not follow NVC steps.  You follow the Manila 5 steps

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dave/Dona said:

where do I find the Manila 5 steps? thanks in advance

USEM website 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dave/Dona said:

so I have to do these steps before or after NVC contacts us?

Document gathering you can do before as well as CFO.  Otherwise you need the NVC assigned case number 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.