Jeffster

I-134 Affidavit of Support and 1099 form

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

There’s a lot of info for W2 form employee, but I use 1099 form. I’m contracted to work through an agency, making estimated quarterly payments as well. Technically I’m considered self employed even though I’m contracted to a work place. 

I’m ready to include last years tax return, 1099 form, and some pay stubs. I’m not sure if I would send a letter from my agency since I’m contracted. Do I need bank statements? I know that I am above the poverty line for sure. 

What else should I include? Please help clarify....Thanks very much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Courtjeffster said:

Hi,

There’s a lot of info for W2 form employee, but I use 1099 form. I’m contracted to work through an agency, making estimated quarterly payments as well. Technically I’m considered self employed even though I’m contracted to a work place. 

I’m ready to include last years tax return, 1099 form, and some pay stubs. I’m not sure if I would send a letter from my agency since I’m contracted. Do I need bank statements? I know that I am above the poverty line for sure. 

If your prior year tax return had sufficient income,  you should be fine.   That is if Manila even asks for financial evidence,  which may only be 10% of the time 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Courtjeffster said:

Hi,

1099 or W2  sort of samo-samo.    For the embassy in the Philippines you do not need the employer letter (unless you are a new employee) and you don't need bank statements.  Don't even need pay stubs normally.

As long as your gross income, shown in your tax return, meets or exceeds the I-864P 125% guidelines you should be fine with just the I-134, most recent tax return and W2/1099.

If you have further questions here is the link to the Philippines forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

1099 or W2  sort of samo-samo.    For the embassy in the Philippines you do not need the employer letter (unless you are a new employee) and you don't need bank statements.  Don't even need pay stubs normally.

As long as your gross income, shown in your tax return, meets or exceeds the I-864P 125% guidelines you should be fine with just the I-134, most recent tax return and W2/1099.

If you have further questions here is the link to the Philippines forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Since OP stated he is 1099 and employment letter would be pretty much a waste of time and may seem as if he is actually an employee and not a subcontract labor since he is only has 1099 and not W2's B-)

ChickBoy

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a follow up question while waiting for NOA 2....Would the same apply for I-864? I'm wondering if they would require the same evidence or if they would ask for more tax returns, etc. for such a case

Naturally, it wouldn't be for embassy in the Phillipines at this point. But I'd have recent tax return, 1099, and exceed 125% guidelines...thank you!

Edited by Courtjeffster

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Courtjeffster said:

Hi, I have a follow up question while waiting for NOA 2....Would the same apply for I-864? I'm wondering if they would require the same evidence or if they would ask for more tax returns, etc. for such a case

Naturally, it wouldn't be for embassy in the Phillipines at this point. But I'd have recent tax return, 1099, and exceed 125% guidelines...thank you!

You are K-1 processing for Manila (eventually); you need the I-134, most recent tax return and W-2/1099 .. no benefit to having additional tax returns the embassy won't take them.

If you are asking about AOS/I-485, after married where you need the I-864, the requirement is the same, except USCIS does list additional tax returns as optional, but only the most recent tax return is required for AOS.  Up to you.  125% is still the guideline

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/adjustment-of-status.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.