Aria123

K1 Administrative Processing

7 posts in this topic

Hello , I had my k1 interview over 60 days ago and I got emailed before the interview to submit ds5355 and I did during the interview,  the council told me everything looks good but gave me 221g under administration processing as I am from one of the banned countries (yemen) I asked the council if I can apply for a waiver he told me k1 visa is not under the ban (which kinda made me feel relieved) and that they will get back to me through email , my case got updated on the website 3 times since then , my question is now shall I email the embassy ? Or shall I wait longer still , and what shall I include in it ! Did anyone get good news after emailing them :( 

this whole process is very very stressful ! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ABout all you can do is wait it out

many have been waiting months and some a year or more

there is  a continuous post here about the ds5535 from  those going thru it

search for this post of over 260 pages

MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS

20 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

ABout all you can do is wait it out

many have been waiting months and some a year or more

there is  a continuous post here about the ds5535 from  those going thru it

search for this post of over 260 pages

MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS

Hopefully soon because I wasn’t given the ds5355 based on something bad popping out , it’s more of a thing that the embassy is obligated to do to all Yemenis after the ban , so I hope it doesn’t take that long , it’s very frustrating, about the email shall I not send ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Aria123 said:

Hopefully soon because I wasn’t given the ds5355 based on something bad popping out , it’s more of a thing that the embassy is obligated to do to all Yemenis after the ban , so I hope it doesn’t take that long , it’s very frustrating, about the email shall I not send ?

you  can always email/ not sure you will get a successful answer / may be genertic saying something like "case is in AP for security reasons"

2 different email ID's for Yemen

says they will promptly answer

Non-Immigrant VisasNIVSanaa@state.gov
Immigrant Visas: IVSanaa@state.gov

4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you  can always email/ not sure you will get a successful answer / may be genertic saying something like "case is in AP for security reasons"

2 different email ID's for Yemen

says they will promptly answer

Non-Immigrant VisasNIVSanaa@state.gov
Immigrant Visas: IVSanaa@state.gov

Can I get the emails for the embassy in dijbouti please because that’s where I had the interview since the US embassy in Yemen has been closed since the war

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.