tamcloud

Baltimore MD 2019 N-400 Filers

196 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, phospho123 said:

Biometrics done on October 2

Original interview scheduled for April 8

Rescheduled interview for July 27th. So things are moving guys!

What's more is that my buddy had her biometrics done exactly a week ago and had her interview set for April 1. She just had her interview today.

You are right. Things are moving now I also got my interview reschedule now.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:31 AM, InternationalGuy said:

Also, can you tell us what the "completion time" shown on your web-portal online?  Mine says September 2020.

Thanks!

Mine says September 2020, I'll post details here once I wrap up

8/9/13 Got married.
8/25/14 Filed I-130, I-485, I-765
8/26/14 Delivered to Chicago lock box,singed by JC day 1
8/29/14 Checks cashed/Received email/text NOA day 4
9/4/14 Received hard copies of NOA1 day 10
9/11/14 Received Biometrics appointment letter day 17
9/25/14 Biometrics appointment not done due to ASC facility closure day 31
9/26/14 Biometrics done day 32
10/7/14 I-485 notification, moved to Testing and Interview day 42
10/10/14 I-765 EAD moved to production day 45
10/16/14 EAD delivered day 51
10/20/14 Interview schedule received day 55.
10/22/14 Updated interview schedule delivered with accurate interview location day 57
11/18/14 Interview day 84 (Approved!!!!)
11/20/14 Received the email approval/welcome notice was mailed notification for 130 and 485, day 86
11/26/14 Received GC, day 92
.....ROC in 2016.....
8/20/16 I-751 sent to VSC
8/22/16 I-751 package delivered to VSC
9/10/16 Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
9/22/16 Biometrics completed successfully

7/17/17 I - 797 NOA2 received with approval. New Status IR6 

There were no issues with taking in my electronics, I had to bring out my laptop and tablet as I went through security.There was a man on a phone call in the waiting area.

They're wearing masks as they interview you and there's an installed Plexiglass/Acrylic Screen between you and the interviewer. You also have to wear a mask as you interview and are still in the building. There is no contact with the interviewer, you show them your green card by pressing it to the screen and they have a small slot that they use to slide over your approval paperwork/oath ceremony letter.

I was directed to sit in front of Window 6 and I could see 4 interviewers in window 1,4,6,7.

14 people where in the waiting area including myself, about half of them where waiting for oath ceremonies. They had 1 person interviewing by the time I got there and called 1 more by 9:30. I was called for my interview by 9:37 and wrapped up by 10:26. He had my entire file, two huge binders. 

Some small talk, which I saw him repeat with the next person he interviewed, he uses it to gauge how well you speak English, so respond accordingly. 
He asked if I wanted to change my name and told me it was free and if I wanted to do it later, it would cost $600+. He did mention that if you were changing your name, you couldn't do your oath ceremony on the same day and would have to go to a ceremony at the courts. 

Civics test first, then reading a sentence from the tablet and writing a sentence on the tablet. We then went over my current physical and mailing address and when I moved there, he counted to make sure I had the 3 month residency. Then we went over work history, he had me verify dates and those few days I was in between jobs, he added to my file and updated those dates as unemployed. Then we went over travel ans schooling history in the last 5 years, he even had a trip that I took in December after filing.

Then we went into the yes/no questions and I had to pay serious attention cause the words were coming so fast, we updated one of my work organizations, continued with the yes/no questions and the questions from the oath. After that he mentioned that I was recommended for approval, I had to sign that my name and file information was correct and I signed the oath, he told me to take my time and read it. He also told me there was an oath ceremony today at 11:45 am and asked if I would like to attend. Ofcourse I was attending. He printed out my oath letter and explained the attached form, the required documents, a brief on the ceremony and then I was free to go sit and wait for the ceremony or come back a few minutes before the ceremony time.

At most 4 people were being interviewed at a time at the windows and they called some people inside to interview.

There was a 10:45am oath ceremony that they called people for, I wish I was in that one.
People who finished interviewing around 11:30 were asked about going to the 1pm Oath Ceremony. 

8/9/13 Got married.
10/22/14 Updated interview schedule delivered with accurate interview location day 57
11/20/14 Received the email approval/welcome notice was mailed notification for 130 and 485, day 86
.....ROC in 2016.....

22 minutes ago, LAstategal said:

There were no issues with taking in my electronics, I had to bring out my laptop and tablet as I went through security.There was a man on a phone call in the waiting area.

They're wearing masks as they interview you and there's an installed Plexiglass/Acrylic Screen between you and the interviewer. You also have to wear a mask as you interview and are still in the building. There is no contact with the interviewer, you show them your green card by pressing it to the screen and they have a small slot that they use to slide over your approval paperwork/oath ceremony letter.

I was directed to sit in front of Window 6 and I could see 4 interviewers in window 1,4,6,7.

14 people where in the waiting area including myself, about half of them where waiting for oath ceremonies. They had 1 person interviewing by the time I got there and called 1 more by 9:30. I was called for my interview by 9:37 and wrapped up by 10:26. He had my entire file, two huge binders. 

Some small talk, which I saw him repeat with the next person he interviewed, he uses it to gauge how well you speak English, so respond accordingly. 
He asked if I wanted to change my name and told me it was free and if I wanted to do it later, it would cost $600+. He did mention that if you were changing your name, you couldn't do your oath ceremony on the same day and would have to go to a ceremony at the courts. 

Civics test first, then reading a sentence from the tablet and writing a sentence on the tablet. We then went over my current physical and mailing address and when I moved there, he counted to make sure I had the 3 month residency. Then we went over work history, he had me verify dates and those few days I was in between jobs, he added to my file and updated those dates as unemployed. Then we went over travel ans schooling history in the last 5 years, he even had a trip that I took in December after filing.

Then we went into the yes/no questions and I had to pay serious attention cause the words were coming so fast, we updated one of my work organizations, continued with the yes/no questions and the questions from the oath. After that he mentioned that I was recommended for approval, I had to sign that my name and file information was correct and I signed the oath, he told me to take my time and read it. He also told me there was an oath ceremony today at 11:45 am and asked if I would like to attend. Ofcourse I was attending. He printed out my oath letter and explained the attached form, the required documents, a brief on the ceremony and then I was free to go sit and wait for the ceremony or come back a few minutes before the ceremony time.

At most 4 people were being interviewed at a time at the windows and they called some people inside to interview.

There was a 10:45am oath ceremony that they called people for, I wish I was in that one.
People who finished interviewing around 11:30 were asked about going to the 1pm Oath Ceremony. 

Thank you for this! It sounds like a pretty efficient process to me. Glad to hear they are operating at this level of efficiency.

Oath Details;

We were called from the waiting area a few minutes after the scheduled appointment at 11:50 and lead to the area for the Oath Ceremony, where we were spaced out. There were 5 of us and 1 interpreter for one of the oath takers.
They review your form, ask you to review the certificate, take your green card and tell you where to sit. There's a screen between you and the oath officer.The chairs are spaced out.

Once everyone was seated they started off with a speech, then everyone stands with their right hand raised and says the oath. Then he explained what was in the envelope he gave us:  passport and voter registration directions. He advised that there was another ceremony at 1, so not enough time for pictures and showed us how to exit. 

It was over by 12:05. The multi year journey is over.

Note: there were a few people called when I was in the waiting room that didn't show up.

8/9/13 Got married.
.....ROC in 2016.....

6 hours ago, LAstategal said:

Oath Details;

We were called from the waiting area a few minutes after the scheduled appointment at 11:50 and lead to the area for the Oath Ceremony, where we were spaced out. There were 5 of us and 1 interpreter for one of the oath takers.
They review your form, ask you to review the certificate, take your green card and tell you where to sit. There's a screen between you and the oath officer.The chairs are spaced out.

Once everyone was seated they started off with a speech, then everyone stands with their right hand raised and says the oath. Then he explained what was in the envelope he gave us:  passport and voter registration directions. He advised that there was another ceremony at 1, so not enough time for pictures and showed us how to exit. 

Note: there were a few people called when I was in the waiting room that didn't show up.

Congratulations!!! 

2 hours ago, Pupa said:

Congratulations!!! 

Thanks Pupa!!!

8/9/13 Got married.
.....ROC in 2016.....

9 hours ago, LAstategal said:

Oath Details;

Happy for you : ) enjoy your new status. Thank you for the play by play experience you shared. Good luck in your future endeavors! 

I am USC

06-20-13 Dad's I 130 sent

06-25-13 NOA1 received

12-26-13 Notice Via Email and Texts petition transfered to Nebraska

01-20-14 Expedite with Nebraska

02-06-14 Text message NOA2 approved , waiting on hard copy

02-06-14 Email from USCIS , my file was transferred to NVC

02-10-14 NOA2 received

02-15-14 still waiting on case number from NVC

02-19-14 NVC received package from USCIS

02-19-14 I applied for expedite process with NVC

03-03-14 NVC assigned case and invoice number, but I am unable to log in

03-04-14 Able to log in. Completed father's DS 261

03-05-14 AOS fee available to be paid. I paid it online.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, phospho123 said:

Biometrics done on October 2

Original interview scheduled for April 8

Rescheduled interview for July 27th. So things are moving guys!

What's more is that my buddy had her biometrics done exactly a week ago and had her interview set for April 1. She just had her intervi

How was your interview? Pls update how it goes thanks. 

Filed: Timeline

Was delayed for some reason. I got there at 2PM for a 2:15 interview but was interviewed at 3. The interviewer apologized for the delay. It was a very casual interview and the interviewer was very friendly. At the end, I asked about oath and he apologized and told me that I was supposed to get my oath at 3:30 but because of the delay, I had missed it. He promised me a quick turnaround for oath ceremony. But glad to be done with the interview.

The interviewers are really friendly and the interview was a breeze. 

8 hours ago, Nisot said:

How was your interview? Pls update how it goes thanks. 

Hi there,

You said you have been re-scheduled?  Can you tell us your new N-400 interview date/time?  Also, how were you notified? did you just check your documents tab online, or you were notified via mail or email.  I am concerned because my application was in Sep2019, and trying to figure out how is this organized. 

Thanks!

I am USC

06-25-13 NOA1 received

02-10-14 NOA2 received

1 hour ago, phospho123 said:

Was delayed for some reason. I got there at 2PM for a 2:15 interview but was interviewed at 3. The interviewer apologized for the delay. It was a very casual interview and the interviewer was very friendly. At the end, I asked about oath and he apologized and told me that I was supposed to get my oath at 3:30 but because of the delay, I had missed it. He promised me a quick turnaround for oath ceremony. But glad to be done with the interview.

The interviewers are really friendly and the interview was a breeze. 

Congrats. I'm much happy for you 

15 minutes ago, InternationalGuy said:

Hi there,

You said you have been re-scheduled?  Can you tell us your new N-400 interview date/time?  Also, how were you notified? did you just check your documents tab online, or you were notified via mail or email.  I am concerned because my application was in Sep2019, and trying to figure out how is this organized. 

Thanks!

My interview is friday. I didn't get any notice, I just check online as

Usual and I see the reschedule receipt in my document page.

Edited by Nisot

12 minutes ago, Nisot said:

My interview is friday. I didn't get any notice, I just check online as

Usual and I see the reschedule receipt in my document page.

Good luck! happy for you. One last question please, given you mentioned you check your docs page frequently. Do you recall when was it posted online?

I am trying to have an idea of how much of a time notice you got. Have you received the reschedule notice via mail by now? 

I am USC

06-25-13 NOA1 received

02-10-14 NOA2 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.