Neo Anderson

The Horror of Deportation/Removal Story

46 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, Neo Anderson said:

i have been a long time  lurker and finally have the time share my story of the horrors immigration journey. 😊

Back story: 

My wife and i were both Philippine citizens when we moved to USA. I came over in 1999 and my wife followed in 2001 both through an H1B Visa. She's is a Physical Therapist and i'm an RN working in medical fields. We resided in Louisville, Kentucky for several years prior moving to California. 

The trouble started when she applied for a  renewal of her EAD when her agency made a big mistake of re applying that it resulted to a 3 month gap resulted for her being out of status. However she was still issued with an EAD every year and still able to continue to work in a skilled nursing facility. Until 2006 that we received a deportation order to appear with an immigration judge in San Francisco.  We hired an attorney to represent us and plead if she could stay since we pretty rooted in Stockton and by  that time we already have a son. Unfortunately i was not a US citizen yet and the immigration  judge pretty much throw us under the bus. Both obeyed the law  and paid outrageous amount of tax money but apparently. We plead again for years until final deportation order came in 2009. And by that my wife was pregnant again  with our second child. So crux was go back to the Philippines 8 months pregnant or stay till she gave birth and face the consequence later. So we decided for her to stay so she can avail my health insurance and will gave her some serious emotional support. My wife gave birth to a very healthy baby and unfortunately we ignore the final deportation date.

After spending thousands of dollars for lawyers fees, we foreclosed our house coz my wife had to stop working since she can no longer gain employment for being out of status. We settled in a nice apartment complex while to children and dreaded for the days to come. 

In 2011 that my wife heard a knock on the door and there were several ICE agents outside. My wife let them in and instead of taking her to a holding  facility and hand cuffed her . For better judgement because of our 2 young children they gave her a date to appear in ICE Fresno office. The ICE agents even gave her a suggestion to apply for***profanity removed*** EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE  so she can stay. After 4 weeks we went to FRESNO ICE office and they put her in locked cell for 6 hours. My boys and i where in the car waiting with several scenarios playing in my head but they let her go with slip that she needs get out of the country in 4 months. 

Edit: to be continued /lunch break

They are basically doing it where she voluntarily leaves the county and comes back legally. It’s a process but I’ve heard of people doing that. That’s what a lawyer told my husband he had to do. We filed the I601A waiver and once it gets approved they will tell us how long he can stay here before he has to go back to his country then come back as a resident 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.