Nana Y

CEAC- ISSUED -- But no Notofication

295 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, GodTimeIsTheBest said:

guys, the us embassy not only took my passport after my K1 interview, but my birth certificate as well. Is that normal. thank you

no you should have gotten all ur documents back...just the passport..when was ur interview and did they say u were approved ?

Timeline
2 hours ago, GodTimeIsTheBest said:

guys, the us embassy not only took my passport after my K1 interview, but my birth certificate as well. Is that normal. thank you

Some of the CO's keep it (probably to verify the authenticity of the document). You'll get it back when you picking up your passport and packet from DHL

This is sad. We have been waiting a long time for the process. Now we are waiting a long time for the Visa. Ghana Embassy told me, it could take up to 6 months before Visa goes to DHL, what's a girl to do?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Humbly said:

This is sad. We have been waiting a long time for the process. Now we are waiting a long time for the Visa. Ghana Embassy told me, it could take up to 6 months before Visa goes to DHL, what's a girl to do?

6 months?....doesn't the Visa expire in that timeframe?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Humbly said:

I THOUGHT THATS WHEN AFTER THE INTERVIEW AND YOU'RE APPROVED BUT ITS MORE ADMINISTRATION PROCESS THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE SO  IT COULD TAKE UP TO 60 DAYS. AND I WAS TOLD THEY LET YOU KNOW AT THE INTERVIEW WHEN APPROVED 

Edited by ankamah84

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Anything?..this is ridiculous!

BUT I BELIEVE THE EMAILS ONLY COME END OF DAY AFTER 4-5PM LIKE THE PEOPLE LAST WEEK

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

6 months?....doesn't the Visa expire in that timeframe?

I have never known it to take 6 months for them to send the passports from the Embassy to DHL. That’s a little far fetched, I wouldn’t worry to much about it being that long. 

15 minutes ago, ankamah84 said:

I THOUGHT THATS WHEN AFTER THE INTERVIEW AND YOU'RE APPROVED BUT ITS MORE ADMINISTRATION PROCESS THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE SO  IT COULD TAKE UP TO 60 DAYS. AND I WAS TOLD THEY LET YOU KNOW AT THE INTERVIEW WHEN APPROVED 

My husband was approved for his CR-1 Visa, May 30th, 2019. I called the US Embassy in Ghana last week ( I used the number on the paper they give you with their email address and phone numbers on it)! They were rude to me and told me that is could take up to 6 months. This is crazy. It's time for us to pray. Only God can move those people. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.