33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, junkmart said:

Someone who is kinder than you provided the link. Your sarcasm is duly noted. Bye

I deleted and corrected that answer by the way however your comments on this case were more insistent than polite.     

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, junkmart said:

You don't seem to be here to help.

I beg to differ as I initially advised the OP to send exactly the same information that We sent in lieu of tax return when we filed AOS.  

That year, because I was waiting on a SS card to file taxes, we filed late.

Because we sent in what we sent (tax info minus return) We were asked to bring our current year’s return to our interview. Shared that too.

The dancing around OP’s immigration path was what started the discussion of risk.  There is no real help for that one.  That one is shake and roll the dice and hope things turn out.

11 hours ago, junkmart said:

You'd have to link me to this case you write about for me to read it. I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with adjusting from a tourist visa, and if one had no intent and did not misrepresent, then there is no risk.

Also, what does any of this have to do with OP's question? Let's try to stay on topic and help him with his question, which was about filling out I-864, not about whether or not he could adjust from a tourist visa.

I can tell you right now that it may not be illegal but it is a significant risk. Majority of people do not meet and marry within 6 months of meeting, that smells and looks like fraud. Regardless if that was not your intent. My opinion if  I was a Immigration officer and if i saw someone enters as a visitor, then married, and then adjust status i would find it very hard to believe that person was being honest and would probably deny. 

I am not saying that is your case but you must look at the whole picture. Look at who we have in the White house for president. Anything that smells fishy probably would get denied. But good luck to whatever route you take.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.