Sailormooon

My AOS interview is tomorrow, do I have everything I need?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys! My AOS green card interview is tomorrow. Just making sure I haven't missed anything out! I've got two folders, one is everything they need including copies of documents and another folder is the original documents incase they need to look at the originals.

I have included;

- I am going to bring my government issued photo identification (Passport) and my interview notice

- Copy of medical examination (even though the sealed envelope one has already been submitted at point of entry)

- Form I-864 (even though I submitted it already with AOS package)

- Proof of extension for tax return 2018 including a draft for 2018 tax return which is filed jointly (my husband had to get an extension due to the new tax laws)

- 2018 W2 

- IRS Tax Transcript from 2017 (This one has been filed obviously)

- Self employed pay stubs from the last 2 months

- My husbands passport (photocopied all pages) for proof of US citizenship

- To prove I am eligible for lawful permanent residency, I've included a copy of the certified abstract of marriage 

- All immigration-related documents ever issued to you --- I've included, copy of DS160, all of I-129F NOA1 AND NOA2 including interview notice, NVC receipts and K-1 visa passport page. All NOA1 for AOS, AP, and Employment authorization including biometrics letter and a copy of AOS interview letter

- For travel documentation used to enter US - I have included a copy of all pages of my passport, k-1 visa page in passport, I-94'S (arrival/departure document) 

- Copy of my birth certificate

- Copy of my petitioners birth certificate 

- copy of my petitioners passport (all pages) to prove US citizenship

since my aos is based of marriage I've included;  

- A certified copy of marriage document

- Spouses birth certificate and passport copy again

- Spouses's decree of dissolution for prior marriage 

- Custody papers for the children (shared parenting plan) 

- spouses's birth certificates for two of his children

For supporting evidence of relationship I have included

- joint tax return draft/ tax extension proof for 2018 with both our name 

- joint checking account

- Proof that I am the beneficiary of his trust if death occurs (god forbid)

- Joint health insurance

- Joint Gas bill

- Joint electric bill

- Shared credit card proof

- Joint gym membership

- flight/trip reservation to Florida and to Chicago
- correspondence from his family, - invitations to their weddings, notes from his parents addressed to both of us, note from the interior designer to both of us, birthday card from my spouse and valentines day card from my spouse

- proof that I'm living at the address - just random letters addressed to me

- pictures of all his family, including me and him when we were in Paris 

- pictures of our intimate court wedding (only me and him and his two kids in the pictures)

- pictures of our wedding cake gifted from his parents, pictures of just us doing random things ( I think theres about 20 pictures all together) 

- pictures of us with our dog together. I'm going to bring his dog tag with us which has both our numbers on there.

I'm so sorry this post is so long. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if I need to include anything else! Thanks!

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We took the instructions on the I-797c, Notice of Action, AOS Interview Appointment, quite literally. We brought every scrap of paper/document that we had accumulated since starting our immigration journey. It was a good thing, during the interview the IO asked to see the original copy of my divorce decree. Yes, the copy of which that I had submitted when I initially sent in the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee(e), at the beginning of our immigration journey. Thankfully, I had brought the original, and was able to provide him with a color laser copy of it. Having it certainly prevented us from likely getting a RFE. You never know what they may ask for at the interview.

Good luck at your interview.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.