Jump to content
Ameriaussie

Australia - Beneficiary move during the K1 process

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My fiance is an Aussie but currently resides in a 3rd country. He plans to move back to Australia in 3 months. How should I go about this? I cannot not list his current address in the 3rd country. What we did was to request for the interview to be in Sydney. However, the instructions say:"" NOTE: Designation of a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate outside the country in which your beneficiary resides does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate."

 

We do not want to have to interview in this 3rd country after he has moved back to Australia. What should we do?

 

Thank you,

Edited by Ameriaussie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ameriaussie said:

My fiance is an Aussie but currently resides in a 3rd country. He plans to move back to Australia in 3 months. How should I go about this? I cannot not list his current address in the 3rd country. What we did was to request for the interview to be in Sydney. However, the instructions say:"" NOTE: Designation of a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate outside the country in which your beneficiary resides does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate." 

 

We do not want to have to interview in this 3rd country after he has moved back to Australia. What should we do?

 

Thank you,

Many people put in a different country than where they are residing at the time in that box because they plan to move back before the interview. Because your fiance is an Aussie citizen I don't see what the problem would be. There are people whose packets got sent to the wrong consulate and they then get it redirected to the correct one which adds a couple of weeks to the process. Worst case scenario I believe that's what you'd have to do. They will see that your fiance is an Australian citizen, does his visa run out for this third country? If it does, you couldn't even interview in the third country.


K1 Visa Timeline [approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days] approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

 

 

Adjustment Of Status

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Many people put in a different country than where they are residing at the time in that box because they plan to move back before the interview. Because your fiance is an Aussie citizen I don't see what the problem would be. There are people whose packets got sent to the wrong consulate and they then get it redirected to the correct one which adds a couple of weeks to the process. Worst case scenario I believe that's what you'd have to do. They will see that your fiance is an Australian citizen, does his visa run out for this third country? If it does, you couldn't even interview in the third country.

Thank you. Visa running out isn't a concern for us. But we prefer Australia because the other country's queue isn't favorable. Neither do we want to remain in the country. It's been way too long for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ameriaussie said:

Thank you. Visa running out isn't a concern for us. But we prefer Australia because the other country's queue isn't favorable. Neither do we want to remain in the country. It's been way too long for us.

Filing with Australia as the country won't be a problem.


K1 Visa Timeline [approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days] approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

 

 

Adjustment Of Status

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Ameriaussie said:

My fiance is an Aussie but currently resides in a 3rd country. He plans to move back to Australia in 3 months. How should I go about this? I cannot not list his current address in the 3rd country. What we did was to request for the interview to be in Sydney. However, the instructions say:"" NOTE: Designation of a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate outside the country in which your beneficiary resides does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate."

 

We do not want to have to interview in this 3rd country after he has moved back to Australia. What should we do?

 

Thank you,

Use a family member or very good friends address as his address in Australia .... with permission course ! 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...