n8blogg

What Travel Documents are needed to bring wife's son back here to the US (without her)?(merged)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

When a K1/K2 is filed and ready for interview, does fiancee and child interview at the same time? Is the child given a 1 year expiry date on their visa for follow to join?

You will sent up the interview appts.    When scheduling online for the K-1, once that is complete it will ask if you want to schedule another .. this is when you schedule the K-2 ,  should be for the same day & time.

1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

Can a relative take the child for medical and interview while the fiancee/ wife is in the US? How do they interview a 3 year old?

21 minutes ago, n8blogg said:

I actually had this question as well. We were planning on having my wife's sister take our boy to the medical at least (and maybe the interview too if possible). It seemed like at the medical appt they wouldn't be too concerned w it being the actual parent as long as it was a relative or something. At the Manila clinic, there's hundreds of ppl just standing around and lines everywhere, it just didn't seem organized enough for them to keep track of or care about to me. 

Guardian Accompanying Minor to Interview:  You will need an affidavit of guardianship in the guardian's name stating what capacity they have.  Signed and notarized.

You should need this for the medical as well.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

21 hours ago, n8blogg said:

Thanks again to all the people who responded to my post on here. After talking through the options with my wife and weighing the pros/cons, I think we have decided that we will just wait until she gets her Advanced Parole so she can go pick up her son. Ultimately, there's just too many things that could go wrong with me going to pick him up without her and I will be on kind of a short timeline for a trip out there, so we are just going to wait and have him start school once we can get him here. 

👍

ChickBoy

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, Loren Y said:

That's why I said some embassy's,  I just wanted to make sure OP covered all his bases. Better to find out now than 2 days before the interview. I still can't believe they will let one of the parents just take their child out of the country without consent, but different countries different rules.

It is odd that a child can be taken out of the country without both parents consent, but Philippines has a high number of illegitimate children born there.  It used to be about 4 out of 10 kids were born out of wedlock, latest figures I see in 2017 is 53% total registered live births in 2017 were born out of wedlock. 

https://psa.gov.ph/vital-statistics/id/136977

ChickBoy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.