BinWI

Form I-90 Renew Green Card

28 posts in this topic

Hello,

I applied to renew my 10 year green card in July 2018 and went for my biometrics that same month.  While there they put a sticker on the back of my card to extend it for a year. (July, 2019).  As of today I have heard nothing from them.  I have seen that the time line for renewal can be 5 - 12.5 months.  What happens if I don't receive my new card by the end of July?  Should I be contacting them and if so what phone number 

Thanks for any info.  Starting to get worried.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would get another sticker in early July.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, BinWI said:

How do I go about doing that.  Is there away to apply for an appointment for a new sticker.  I don't think I can walk into a USCIS office without one.

If your local office isn't accepting appointments, call the mail USCIS number and tell them the issue.  They can set up an appointment.......or you could try a walk-in......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Mine is taking also this long. Same 10 year renewal. Applied end of July and I had biometrics in august. So my sticker on back goes until then. They must really be having a good size backlog. I guess if and when the time comes, I'll do the online "outside of normal processing time thing". And also I guess call USCIS for the first time in 24 years. 😬.

But I am still hopeful I get it before that. 

22 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Mine is taking also this long. Same 10 year renewal. Applied end of July and I had biometrics in august. So my sticker on back goes until then. They must really be having a good size backlog. I guess if and when the time comes, I'll do the online "outside of normal processing time thing". And also I guess call USCIS for the first time in 24 years. 😬.

But I am still hopeful I get it before that. 

Thanks for the response.  That's what I plan to do.  Do you know how to contact a real person when calling the number they have listed?  I remember 10 years ago you had to press a number that wasn't really stated on their choices.  

Timeline
On 6/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, BinWI said:

Thanks for the response.  That's what I plan to do.  Do you know how to contact a real person when calling the number they have listed?  I remember 10 years ago you had to press a number that wasn't really stated on their choices.  

I have no idea. I never had to call them and I have a wee bit of a phone phobia, so I am not looking forward to this in case I have to do this. For other customer service phone stuff one can usually press "0" to get a person, but they don't always work and I have no clue if that is the same with USCIS. 

2 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

I have no idea. I never had to call them and I have a wee bit of a phone phobia, so I am not looking forward to this in case I have to do this. For other customer service phone stuff one can usually press "0" to get a person, but they don't always work and I have no clue if that is the same with USCIS. 

Thanks.  If I find any info, I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Alamo Cat said:

FYI,  I just received notification that my greencard has been produced and will be mailed.  My request date was July 12, 2018.  Thought I'd let you know so you can see their timeline.

Timeline
3 hours ago, BinWI said:

FYI,  I just received notification that my greencard has been produced and will be mailed.  My request date was July 12, 2018.  Thought I'd let you know so you can see their timeline.

Oh cool. My receipt date is July 30th. The date I filed and paid online. That is what the first letter said when they scheduled me for biometrics. That is the date I go by, right? Not the biometrics date. 

Hopefully I am right behind you. 

6 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Oh cool. My receipt date is July 30th. The date I filed and paid online. That is what the first letter said when they scheduled me for biometrics. That is the date I go by, right? Not the biometrics date. 

Hopefully I am right behind you. 

I got the receipt for payment dated  "Received July 9, 2018.  Then I received another Form I-797C when I signed up for an online account dated 7/12/2018.  So not sure which date they go by.  Mine are close together.  Can't find my biometic notification but it was only a couple weeks after.  It may have been in the July 9th notification.

I'm sure yours will come shortly.

Timeline
5 hours ago, BinWI said:

I got the receipt for payment dated  "Received July 9, 2018.  Then I received another Form I-797C when I signed up for an online account dated 7/12/2018.  So not sure which date they go by.  Mine are close together.  Can't find my biometic notification but it was only a couple weeks after.  It may have been in the July 9th notification.

I'm sure yours will come shortly.

Thanks. I hope so too. I am not going to squabble about a week here and there with them, but I would like to get my card at some point. I am suppose to carry one with me at all time and its not really assuring to have an expired one. I still have  until August with my extension sticker.

I am just glad I have a drivers license already now and I am not moving again. There are services one needs an up to date GC for. It was hard enough to explain a few months ago to the DPS what that sticker on the back o my GC was for. I had to renew my license. Lots of waffling on her part and looking at the computer. She finally went ahead, but holy moly I can't function here without a car. Its a big Texas city, you have to drive just to eat. 😳

Edited by Alamo Cat

8 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Thanks. I hope so too. I am not going to squabble about a week here and there with them, but I would like to get my card at some point. I am suppose to carry one with me at all time and its not really assuring to have an expired one. I still have  until August with my extension sticker.

I am just glad I have a drivers license already now and I am not moving again. There are services one needs an up to date GC for. It was hard enough to explain a few months ago to the DPS what that sticker on the back o my GC was for. I had to renew my license. Lots of waffling on her part and looking at the computer. She finally went ahead, but holy moly I can't function here without a car. Its a big Texas city, you have to drive just to eat. 😳

I am planning to visit my family in Canada this summer so I'm really glad mine is coming soon.   They gave me a piece of paper that states mine is extended just for the purpose of travelling but I wouldn't do it without an up to date card.  I'm in Wisconsin by the way.  

Please let me know when you get yours.

Timeline
3 hours ago, BinWI said:

I am planning to visit my family in Canada this summer so I'm really glad mine is coming soon.   They gave me a piece of paper that states mine is extended just for the purpose of travelling but I wouldn't do it without an up to date card.  I'm in Wisconsin by the way.  

Please let me know when you get yours.

They put a sticker on the back on my greencard at biometrics. They never asked me about travelling. But I have no passport anyway, haven' for a long time. Haven't left the US since I got here. So that was thankfully not a concern for me. But there are other things one needs a current greencard for. 

Glad you are getting it so you can travel worry free. I am in Texas. I'll let you know if I get some notification. I am signed up for emails and text, but they aren't always reliable. I do get the bla bla nothing new about your case bla bla email most fridays. 

Timeline

Well I have some movement, but I have no clue what it is. I got a text saying Your case xxxxx is now updated. Check my case status at uscis.gov. 

But when I sign in it doesn't have any update. I guess it just hasn't shown up in the account. Is that the initial notice you got? I get text and email updates. 

I am guessing though its ready to go out. 

Edited by Alamo Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.