BinWI

Form I-90 Renew Green Card

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I applied to renew my 10 year green card in July 2018 and went for my biometrics that same month.  While there they put a sticker on the back of my card to extend it for a year. (July, 2019).  As of today I have heard nothing from them.  I have seen that the time line for renewal can be 5 - 12.5 months.  What happens if I don't receive my new card by the end of July?  Should I be contacting them and if so what phone number 

Thanks for any info.  Starting to get worried.

I would get another sticker in early July.

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

How do I go about doing that.  Is there away to apply for an appointment for a new sticker.  I don't think I can walk into a USCIS office without one.

9 minutes ago, BinWI said:

How do I go about doing that.  Is there away to apply for an appointment for a new sticker.  I don't think I can walk into a USCIS office without one.

If your local office isn't accepting appointments, call the mail USCIS number and tell them the issue.  They can set up an appointment.......or you could try a walk-in......

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

Mine is taking also this long. Same 10 year renewal. Applied end of July and I had biometrics in august. So my sticker on back goes until then. They must really be having a good size backlog. I guess if and when the time comes, I'll do the online "outside of normal processing time thing". And also I guess call USCIS for the first time in 24 years. 😬.

But I am still hopeful I get it before that. 

22 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Mine is taking also this long. Same 10 year renewal. Applied end of July and I had biometrics in august. So my sticker on back goes until then. They must really be having a good size backlog. I guess if and when the time comes, I'll do the online "outside of normal processing time thing". And also I guess call USCIS for the first time in 24 years. 😬.

But I am still hopeful I get it before that. 

Thanks for the response.  That's what I plan to do.  Do you know how to contact a real person when calling the number they have listed?  I remember 10 years ago you had to press a number that wasn't really stated on their choices.  

On 6/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, BinWI said:

Thanks for the response.  That's what I plan to do.  Do you know how to contact a real person when calling the number they have listed?  I remember 10 years ago you had to press a number that wasn't really stated on their choices.  

I have no idea. I never had to call them and I have a wee bit of a phone phobia, so I am not looking forward to this in case I have to do this. For other customer service phone stuff one can usually press "0" to get a person, but they don't always work and I have no clue if that is the same with USCIS. 

2 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

I have no idea. I never had to call them and I have a wee bit of a phone phobia, so I am not looking forward to this in case I have to do this. For other customer service phone stuff one can usually press "0" to get a person, but they don't always work and I have no clue if that is the same with USCIS. 

Thanks.  If I find any info, I'll let you know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.