BinWI

Form I-90 Renew Green Card

28 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

Well I have some movement, but I have no clue what it is. I got a text saying Your case xxxxx is now updated. Check my case status at uscis.gov. 

But when I sign in it doesn't have any update. I guess it just hasn't shown up in the account. Is that the initial notice you got? I get text and email updates. 

I am guessing though its ready to go out. 

Mine said:  We have taken an action on your account.  Please sign in.......

When I signed in it said  Your green card has been printed and something about a final review and then it would be mailed.

Good to know they are at least looking at yours now.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, BinWI said:

Mine said:  We have taken an action on your account.  Please sign in.......

When I signed in it said  Your green card has been printed and something about a final review and then it would be mailed.

Good to know they are at least looking at yours now.

😬 I am not liking that my wording is very different from yours. But I am a worrier.  

Timeline

I can't find the edit button anymore. 🤔

I just realized I got an email yesterday that they were still reviewing my case. Same one I been getting every friday for almost a year. And no other email, just the text. But I also see an email about a tools outage from yesterday until this morning. I hope this isn't just a mis fire text due to the tools outage, but real movement. I guess I'll find out on Monday. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Overworrying can, will, and does eat one alive during multiple stages of this infernal process.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

16 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

I can't find the edit button anymore. 🤔

I just realized I got an email yesterday that they were still reviewing my case. Same one I been getting every friday for almost a year. And no other email, just the text. But I also see an email about a tools outage from yesterday until this morning. I hope this isn't just a mis fire text due to the tools outage, but real movement. I guess I'll find out on Monday. 

I just checked our mail from yesterday and my Green Card has arrived.  I'm sure yours will be along in a few weeks.  It arrived in a priority mail envelope with a Lees Summit, MO return address.  We thought it was junk mail at first.  So glad I opened it.  LOL

Edited by BinWI
addition

Timeline
7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Overworrying can, will, and does eat one alive during multiple stages of this infernal process.

Isn't that the truth. Been like this all my life though. Self inflicted freakouts. 😄

1 hour ago, BinWI said:

I just checked our mail from yesterday and my Green Card has arrived.  I'm sure yours will be along in a few weeks.  It arrived in a priority mail envelope with a Lees Summit, MO return address.  We thought it was junk mail at first.  So glad I opened it.  LOL

Yay. Glad you got it. Looks like mine is being made. I went to some other part of the site. The one were you just put in the case number to get a result, not the myuscis and there it says card being produced. So I have basically 3 different answers, depending on what part of the site or notification I am looking at. 

I'll keep an eye out for the mail. I use informed delivery so I'll know. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, Alamo Cat said:

Isn't that the truth. Been like this all my life though. Self inflicted freakouts. 😄

Yay. Glad you got it. Looks like mine is being made. I went to some other part of the site. The one were you just put in the case number to get a result, not the myuscis and there it says card being produced. So I have basically 3 different answers, depending on what part of the site or notification I am looking at. 

I'll keep an eye out for the mail. I use informed delivery so I'll know. 

Just curious, have you received your card?

Timeline
9 hours ago, BinWI said:

Just curious, have you received your card?

It is getting here tomorrow according to informed delivery. Thanks for asking. 

I just had one more worry about them messing up the address, even though I changed it in December to my new one. 😜

Typing in the number into the case info page gives more up to date info than what is in my account. Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Alamo Cat said:

It is getting here tomorrow according to informed delivery. Thanks for asking. 

I just had one more worry about them messing up the address, even though I changed it in December to my new one. 😜

Typing in the number into the case info page gives more up to date info than what is in my account. Go figure. 

Yay!!!  Good news.

Timeline

Yay, just picked it up from my box. Everything on it is correct, as I always like to check that right away. I was worried a bit about that because when I had my biometrics, it was a mad house. I mean it was so bad security had to remove folks from the waiting room to a secondary room. I think I waited 2 hours and they were really rushing everything. It was just tap tap tap, picture, fingers, wait for sticker. Thank you very much wham bam. 😬

I have to say this card is so pretty compared to the last one, which was just a bland beige. This has the flag and statue of liberty on it. Even if I look like an inmate on my picture. 😂

Curious difference is the date of birth. Its now written the way we used to do it Germany, not how it usually is done in the US. Its day first and then month, but month in 3 letters. Old was just the numbers, but the usual US way. 

I can breathe again. For now. Now on to N-400. 😬 

6 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Yay, just picked it up from my box. Everything on it is correct, as I always like to check that right away. I was worried a bit about that because when I had my biometrics, it was a mad house. I mean it was so bad security had to remove folks from the waiting room to a secondary room. I think I waited 2 hours and they were really rushing everything. It was just tap tap tap, picture, fingers, wait for sticker. Thank you very much wham bam. 😬

I have to say this card is so pretty compared to the last one, which was just a bland beige. This has the flag and statue of liberty on it. Even if I look like an inmate on my picture. 😂

Curious difference is the date of birth. Its now written the way we used to do it Germany, not how it usually is done in the US. Its day first and then month, but month in 3 letters. Old was just the numbers, but the usual US way. 

I can breathe again. For now. Now on to N-400. 😬 

So glad we can both breathe.  My biometrics went so fast.  Hardly anyone in there.  Actually chatted to a fellow Canadian while we waited.  My picture is so bad, I think they used the same one as my last card. LOL

Are you doing citizenship?  I was thinking about it as I can't imagine doing this when I'm old.

Timeline
15 hours ago, BinWI said:

So glad we can both breathe.  My biometrics went so fast.  Hardly anyone in there.  Actually chatted to a fellow Canadian while we waited.  My picture is so bad, I think they used the same one as my last card. LOL

Are you doing citizenship?  I was thinking about it as I can't imagine doing this when I'm old.

Well I am heading towards "old" like a freight train. 😂  Been PR since 1996. So yeah, I am going to go for it. If it wasn't all so nerve wracking. My biometrics was on a Friday and the San Antonio office isn't open on Fridays, only biometrics. They check the letter and time and date at security. I hope next one will not be that bad. It was horrible and I don't do well in crowds. 

9 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

Well I am heading towards "old" like a freight train. 😂  Been PR since 1996. So yeah, I am going to go for it. If it wasn't all so nerve wracking. My biometrics was on a Friday and the San Antonio office isn't open on Fridays, only biometrics. They check the letter and time and date at security. I hope next one will not be that bad. It was horrible and I don't do well in crowds. 

Well I too am heading towards old like a freight train.  I think I'll wait a few years before doing citizenship as it is quite expensive after just paying for a GC.  Maybe we'll both be back here on the Citizenship board in a few years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.