Fathonis84

Updating Address

4 posts in this topic

Hey All, 

My fiance and I recently got our NOA2 (May 14) and are awaiting the notice of receipt from the NVC. However, my fiance's address has changed in Indonesia from the address we used on the I-129f petition. Does NVC need to send anything to my fiance? Or, once the NVC sends the case to the Embassy in Indonesia, won't they mail notifications to my fiance? How and who should I contact to make sure they have the correct address to send the information to? Thanks in advance!

Timeline:

Petition Sent: February 1, 2019

NOA1: February 5, 2019

NOA2: May 14, 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is rare that they send anything via post.  Most consulates communicate via email (if they communicate at all).  

YMMV

4 minutes ago, Fathonis84 said:

Thank you. But that leads me to another question....I don't remember ever providing an email address for my fiance on any of the forms. 

If you have a case number, you may be able to update/add that info via NVC website.  However, they will send the information to petitioner as well.

My wife (CR-1 visa) actually received a letter from consulate but...it was just a few days before we went to her interview. We did everything with the email we received much sooner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.