HF & HB

Packet 4, Online Visa Fee Payment, Interview Scheduled

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to share my experience with receiving Packet 4 and the steps that followed in case someone is awaiting Packet 4 in the next little while.

I received my Packet 4 the day after submitting Packet 3 via email (after a long delay in Packet 3). In the Packet 4 email there was a link to schedule my interview appointment. I followed the link and found the K Visa section in the website provided. In the K Visa section, I clicked on "create a new account". I was then prompted to choose from the options listed in "Please select the condition that applies to you" section, and I clicked on the option that says I had received instruction to proceed with scheduling a K Visa interview. 

After filling in the required information, I then had the option to pay online ( I paid via credit card) and I received a confirmation email for paying the $265 fee. I saw in other forums some confusion about whether it needs to be paid in cash or online before the system allows you to book your interview date. In my case, I was able to pay online. I think Packet 4 is misleading since it says that K-1 Visas are to be paid only in cash. I have no idea why there is so much contradictory information, but thankfully seeing the comments in previous forums let me know to pay via online. I was then shown the first available date (July 10) and I could see the Wednesdays in July after and including the 10th were open. I then selected my interview time. Once I had completed that I was given the option to pay an extra $21 to have the visa sent to my home address rather than having to go pick it up at a PO Box. Once all this was complete I then received emails confirming both the two payments and the interview date chosen. It was pretty quick overall.

Edited by HF & HB

For God so loved the worldthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. ❤️  John 3:16 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.