nightwitch

Interview appointments

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am trying to book an interview with the London Consulate but when I go to schedule it, it says there are no appointments and to try again later. I can book an appointment in Belfast for the end of June, but it would be getting there that's the problem.

Is this normal? Would I be better off calling, or do I just keep checking back every day? I understand they are busy at the moment but on the website it says there is a 9 day wait so I don't understand why there are no appointments available after that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, nightwitch said:

Hi all, I am trying to book an interview with the London Consulate but when I go to schedule it, it says there are no appointments and to try again later. I can book an appointment in Belfast for the end of June, but it would be getting there that's the problem.

Is this normal? Would I be better off calling, or do I just keep checking back every day? I understand they are busy at the moment but on the website it says there is a 9 day wait so I don't understand why there are no appointments available after that.

Since you haven't filled out your timeline, it is difficult to give you a complete answer.

Where did you file the petition?

Has it been approved?

Where is your file currently.

Forget Belfast. They do not process immigrant visas. Your spouse visa is an immigrant visa. 

Forget calling. The Immigrant Visa Unit does not take phone calls and does not book appointments over the phone.

22 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Since you haven't filled out your timeline, it is difficult to give you a complete answer.

Where did you file the petition?

Has it been approved?

Where is your file currently.

Forget Belfast. They do not process immigrant visas. Your spouse visa is an immigrant visa. 

Forget calling. The Immigrant Visa Unit does not take phone calls and does not book appointments over the phone.

My apologies, it wasn't clear in my post that this is for a B-2 visa. I'm aware my previous circumstances make it more difficult to get one but I am attempting it anyway. 

22 hours ago, databit said:

So take a train.

Having checked again today I can't book to go to Belfast anyway, as it says i must attend the consulate section location on the DS-160.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, nightwitch said:

My apologies, it wasn't clear in my post that this is for a B-2 visa. I'm aware my previous circumstances make it more difficult to get one but I am attempting it anyway. 

Having checked again today I can't book to go to Belfast anyway, as it says i must attend the consulate section location on the DS-160.

I think the non-immigrant people might be available by phone. You might give that a try. It's when IR-/CR1 (your profile) people call that they often get wrong info because they are talking to the wrong Visa Unit.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:03 PM, Wuozopo said:

I think the non-immigrant people might be available by phone. You might give that a try. It's when IR-/CR1 (your profile) people call that they often get wrong info because they are talking to the wrong Visa Unit.

Thank you for your reply. I found the number to call just now, so will speak to them tomorrow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.