2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello guys, 

we have been working on our RFIE from my previous post here: 

I want to double check with you guys what documentations I need to submit as I really don't want to mess this up. Here is what I have so far: 

0. complete and signed i-864 ( joint sponsor )
1. proof us U.S Citizenship ( joint sponsor )
2. complete federal income tax return for last 3 years ( joint sponsor )

4. copy of all RFIE pages

also mentioned on RFIE was: 
4. w-2s, 1099s, form 2555, tax schedules (most recent tax year) 

5. IRS form 1040 

My Questions are: 

Do I need all (4.) ? what is tax schedules? 

Is (5.) same as (2.) ? 

Do I need to include my (petitioners) i-864 again with more evidence and pay stubs? My sponsor makes over what he needs to make and I don't think I qualify yet since I still haven't been employed for 6 months yet.  

Please look at my previous post linked for the RFIE letter details. 

1 hour ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Hello guys, 

we have been working on our RFIE from my previous post here: 

I want to double check with you guys what documentations I need to submit as I really don't want to mess this up. Here is what I have so far: 

0. complete and signed i-864 ( joint sponsor )
1. proof us U.S Citizenship ( joint sponsor )
2. complete federal income tax return for last 3 years ( joint sponsor )

4. copy of all RFIE pages

also mentioned on RFIE was: 
4. w-2s, 1099s, form 2555, tax schedules (most recent tax year) 

5. IRS form 1040 

My Questions are: 

Do I need all (4.) ? what is tax schedules? 

Is (5.) same as (2.) ? 

Do I need to include my (petitioners) i-864 again with more evidence and pay stubs? My sponsor makes over what he needs to make and I don't think I qualify yet since I still haven't been employed for 6 months yet.  

Please look at my previous post linked for the RFIE letter details. 

The W2 is the earnings statement for employed individuals.

The 1099 series is the earnings statement for self employed or individuals receiving benefits or pension.

The 2555 reports world wide income.

Schedules are the extra pages of the tax return that report other income or financial situations.

You will need ANY and ALL of those that pertain to the individual's situation.

When you submit the actual tax return forms, you submit all the federal forms that were submitted to the IRS. That's why a return transcript is better because is less pages and less likely you would be missing a page of the actual tax return if you dont understand what an actual tax return consists of.

The 1040 is just the summary page of the tax return so it's just a page or two from 2.

Submit your original sponsor's I864 and supporting documents if their financial situation changed.

I'm pretty sure the reason you got the RFE in the first place is because you did not provide the correct documentation for your original sponsor. If you provide that now and it proves he meets the financial poverty guidelines, then you will not need a joint sponsor and possibly they won't even look at their documents and i864.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.