3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi I need your help please. I am trying to complete my n400 form.

Tax question

Applying under 5 year rule. I have tax transcripts for tax period ending year Dec 2014 & tax period ending Dec 2015.

2016 I didn’t work as income 0 As I am not required to file I didnt file. 

2017 & 2018  I have tax returns and w2s.

Part 12 tax

6. Do you owe any over due federal , state or local taxes? 

I will say No because I have received refunds and I have not been informed by Irs if I owe them ? 

7 a Have you ever not filed a Federal,state or local tax return since you became a lawful permanent resident?

Is it safe for me to answer as NO?

2016 I didn’t work so 0 income I am not suppose to file because doesn’t meet income requirement to file and I didn’t. Have filed for rest of years.

Questions 48 49 50 If law requires  are you willing to bear fire arms  on behalf of the United States ? Everyone answer yes? 

I have to submit green card copy in color? So tax papers are not required while filing but required at interview time ? Thank you 🙏 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For question 7, I think you would answer Yes since you in fact did not file taxes. You can explain the reason why, but the question is fairly clear, it is asking if you ever did not file taxes, if you answer No, then they will want to know where the transcripts are for ar you were not required to file.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would answer yes with the explanation that you didn't have any income for that tax year. Just for the future you can still file a tax return with zero income. Most people don't know this. I always recommend everyone involved in any immigration type process file taxes, zero income or lots of income. 

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.