MrsHarris16

I need help with proving bona fide marriage in a unique situation

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have United healthcare and since it's company paid he needs a SSN or ITIN. Since this was posted I have added him as beneficiary to my 401k, life insurance and made him authorized user on my credit card. I hope thats enough in the financial department.

Timeline
On 5/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, MrsHarris16 said:

I been married to my foreign spouse for 3 years. We haven't filed for IR-1 yet because his mother was sick and he needed to stay to take care of her. Plus he wanted me to live in Jamaica instead of him coming to USA. She just recently passed away and I have convinced him to come USA because I feel like life would be easier for us here as a family. Now we are ready to file. The issue is I don't think besides pictures together, marriage certificate and multiple trips to his country, chat logs, affidavits and Western Union transfers are enough to prove our marriage is real. We don't have any joint accounts and have never lived together. Jamaica won't let me open an bank account there because I don't live or work there (being married is not enough). My employer won't let me add him to my insurance because he doesn't have a SSN. I work for a airline and I can't put him on my free flight privileges either because he doesn't have a SSN. That also means he can't be my beneficiary either on company paid health/life insurance. I travel to Jamaica to visit him several times a year. We communicate multiple times a day. I occasionally send him money. I'm very close with his family and two children (which I plan to file for along with him) I need help on proving my bona fide marriage. I don't even want to file until I have everything in order. Please advise!

Since this post. I have added him as beneficiary to my 401k, life insurance and made him authorized user on my credit card. I hope thats enough in the financial department. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MrsHarris16 said:

Since this post. I have added him as beneficiary to my 401k, life insurance and made him authorized user on my credit card. I hope thats enough in the financial department.

I wouldn’t worry so much abt the financial part bc they know you won’t have much since you live apart. Focus on sending in evidence of face time, evidence that shows you spent time in person. I think you will be ok and have nothing to worry abt. Good luck! 

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:23 PM, VeVe said:

It seems that you have everything you need to file. We included the same information and was approved without any RFE's. I think the processing time is about 12-14 months currently. 

I got marry in Jamaica I file for my husband our case is at nvc now waiting on civil documents but I never submit any pictures, call log or anything I am wondering if he is going to need them for is interview I only submit marriage license, birth certificates and the I 130 n  I 130a

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kedked said:

I got marry in Jamaica I file for my husband our case is at nvc now waiting on civil documents but I never submit any pictures, call log or anything I am wondering if he is going to need them for is interview I only submit marriage license, birth certificates and the I 130 n  I 130a

So you didn’t submit any evidence? Once the package gets to the embassy they will review it before the interview. They may not even allow him to show anything at the interview. Hopefully they will ask him. Oan... you have to create your own post. Moderators will prob say we hijacked the post😲

Timeline
23 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

So you didn’t submit any evidence? Once the package gets to the embassy they will review it before the interview. They may not even allow him to show anything at the interview. Hopefully they will ask him. Oan... you have to create your own post. Moderators will prob say we hijacked the post😲

I was just letting her no I didn't submit all that evidence I am not hijacking her post 

Timeline
10 hours ago, kedked said:

I was just letting her no I didn't submit all that evidence I am not hijacking her post 

No prob. You said you were wondering which is why I replied. Guess it was just a statement and not a question. The conversation could go in it’s own direction or post, hence hijacking. Good luck.

Edited by JAMROCKJNJ

Timeline

Oh I don’t even see my comment. I don’t think I actually hit submit. But I pretty much said the same thing @angelbrown said. So I thought you were replying to my comment. Sorry for the confusion. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JAMROCKJNJ said:

Oh I don’t even see my comment. I don’t think I actually hit submit. But I pretty much said the same thing @angelbrown said. So I thought you were replying to my comment. Sorry for the confusion. 

@JAMROCKJNJ It’s ok😁. I was about to respond the same. I got an email saying comments were removed bc the post was hijacked.

Timeline

i don't no how i comment on your post i hijacked i was  telling you that i am going through the same process n i didn't do all that  but i guess i will share my journey with others sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.