s75h

Is this the NVC email?

23 posts in this topic

I received the following email from the NVC in reply to my request for the case # and was wondering if this is the email that we are waiting for to go do the medical exam. Will St. Lukes accept this email?

Dear Sir/Madam:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Case Number is MNLxxxxxxxxxxxx (I removed the number)

Abby

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
PAE, Support Contractor

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

DO NOT mail original documents to the National Visa Center.  You will need to bring these to your visa interview at the U.S Embassy or Consulate.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, s75h said:

I received the following email from the NVC in reply to my request for the case # and was wondering if this is the email that we are waiting for to go do the medical exam. Will St. Lukes accept this email?

Dear Sir/Madam:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Case Number is MNLxxxxxxxxxxxx (I removed the number)

Abby

National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
PAE, Support Contractor

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

DO NOT mail original documents to the National Visa Center.  You will need to bring these to your visa interview at the U.S Embassy or Consulate.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

That is from NVC yes with your MNL case #.... They might accept that because that's essentially the letter you'll receive. And they just want to see a copy so, probably would.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

People have had success using this email.   Just be cautious about doing the medical too early as the Visa when issued will expire 6 months from the medical.  

A recent example was someone did their medical in December but the Visa wasn't issued until May.  They had less than a month to enter the USA 

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, s75h said:

Thanks for the replies. The plan is to go to the an interview May 30th or one of the June slots. Based on the other timelines I see our case should be headed to Manila this upcoming week. 

We didn't expect a "snag" at our interview either,  but we did.

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

We didn't expect a "snag" at our interview either,  but we did.

My thinking is to get the medical done right away in case the xray leads to a delay. If there is some other snag that leads to a few months between the medical and the interview then that's not a problem as the plan is to have her fly to the U.S. as soon as the visa and CFO are completed and approved.

How long did your snag delay you for?

Timeline
1 minute ago, s75h said:

My thinking is to get the medical done right away in case the xray leads to a delay. If there is some other snag that leads to a few months between the medical and the interview then that's not a problem as the plan is to have her fly to the U.S. as soon as the visa and CFO are completed and approved.

How long did your snag delay you for?

About 6 weeks and another trip to the embassy 

YMMV

You can do the cro right away also even without the visa.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Another question for you.... my fiance's friend is also doing a K1 and got their NOA2 just a few days prior to ours but the friend did not send an email requesting the MNL#. The friend's fiance did get the MNL# via phone last week about a day before I called and got our MNL#. So my question is how long do you think it would take to get an email reply with the case number if they request it today? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, s75h said:

Another question for you.... my fiance's friend is also doing a K1 and got their NOA2 just a few days prior to ours but the friend did not send an email requesting the MNL#. The friend's fiance did get the MNL# via phone last week about a day before I called and got our MNL#. So my question is how long do you think it would take to get an email reply with the case number if they request it today? 

It normally takes NVC 5 to 7 business days to reply.   

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

It normally takes NVC 5 to 7 business days to reply.   

What if they call the NVC and ask the CSR to do an email? When I called and got the MNL# on the phone I asked the CSR if she could email me the number and she said she would note my request in our file and said that the MNL# gets sent out when the case is shipped to Manila. That's why I started this thread because I did not think our case would be shipped until Tuesday at the earliest. So its left me confused as to whether the CSR was mistaken or if it actually shipped and the status page is slow updating.

Timeline
1 minute ago, s75h said:

What if they call the NVC and ask the CSR to do an email? When I called and got the MNL# on the phone I asked the CSR if she could email me the number and she said she would note my request in our file and said that the MNL# gets sent out when the case is shipped to Manila. That's why I started this thread because I did not think our case would be shipped until Tuesday at the earliest. So its left me confused as to whether the CSR was mistaken or if it actually shipped and the status page is slow updating.

What is your ceac status?  If it still says "at NVC" you have your answer.   They usually stick to the Tuesday Wednesday schedule unless it is interfered by a holiday 

In addition, the email you received is not the email that has the rtf attachment 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

What is your ceac status?  If it still says "at NVC" you have your answer.   They usually stick to the Tuesday Wednesday schedule unless it is interfered by a holiday 

In addition, the email you received is not the email that has the rtf attachment 

It shows at the NVC still. What is the rtf attachment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.