Jump to content

Obtaining the citizenships for a minor child through a newly naturalized US citizen parent.

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia

Thank you for your help. 


My my step daughter is 15 years old. My husband just became a US citizen. 

He shares a custody, but stepdaughters permanent address is not in US.

We applied for her green card through me. The case has been approved and is now at the NVC


Considering that my husband is now a US citizen, is there an option for her to be naturalized without completing the GC process through me? Can we use the USCIS approval to satisfy the GC requirement? 


Thank you 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina



nope, but you will file the i864W because once she enters the US with her visa, she will derive citizenship through her father





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...