GraceJ21

Case status from USCIS website wrong?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey all, so this morning I checked the uscis website with our case number and was sad to see that it said they had issued us an RFE. I randomly checked just now and it has changed to "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It", which makes no sense because we have not received a hard copy of the RFE or sent out any new documentation back to them, wouldn't even get there in less than a day anyway. Possible glitch? I know we should probably just wait for the hard copy, but we are still nervous about it and not sure what to make of it. Anyone had this happen to them? Should I just not rely on the website?

Edited by GraceJ21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would check forums about RFE's.  (Request for Evidence).  From what I have read before, is that if it goes there, then it is stuck there for quite some time.  I am hoping soon that we will get our notice of approval, and the RFE thing is the only thing I am worried about.  I just really hope it does not go there.  From what I understand, they(USCIS) will send the RFE as to actually what they need, usually proof of something, or not enough information submitted.  I have read people waiting a long time after they have submitted paperwork supporting the RFE and that, is what I do not know.  Why does it take so long after the paperwork has been submitted to get an approval notice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.