nharris3428

No response from Embassy, becoming concerned

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, RJandHamid said:

CR-1 is the spousal visa. If you were to go to Morocco and get married, you would need to file a CR-1 instead of a K-1. At this time, it is still better for you to wait out the K-1. The CR-1 process is currently taking 12-14 months, and that isn't including the time it would take you to go and get married and prepare another visa petition. You are not alone in your wait for an interview in Casablanca. Hopefully you and many other will hear some good news soon. 

Thanks so much. We will just have to hurry up and wait. :( I truly appreciate everyone's information. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, nharris3428 said:

I don't remember getting a letter, but every email I send to them comes back with stating the case was forwarded to the embassy on February 6th, so I am pretty confident they have the case. My worry is that I didn't get an actual letter in the mail, that might of included more instructions that you referenced, (there is nothing you can really do except wait for the interview to be scheduled unless the letter told you how to schedule one / if so,  you need to open the site every day as many times as you can to get an open day) 

That is where I am concerned. I will try calling the NVC to see if they can resend a copy of the letter, or at the very least, ask them if there were instructions listed that I am not aware of. I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can.

OK  

you got an email

that is the letter/ they stopped sending an actual NOA2 letter out several years ago

and at this point NVC does not have your case and will know nothing about what is happening

there should be about 4 pages

one to take to the dr appointment but don't schedule that until a few weeks before the interview as you must travel within 6 months of medical / so don't cut the time to travel short

if you are instructed to make the interview appointment yourself all you can do is check every day online (if they gave you a site to do it)

otherwise just wait

Casa does 80 to 100 interviews a week just for K1 / they are swamped with Moroccans wanting to get out 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 2:10 PM, nharris3428 said:

Hello,

I am new to this site and I too share a frustration with this process. My fiance's petition was approved and forwarded by the NVC to the embassy in Casablanca, Morocco on February 6, 2019. We have literally heard NOTHING since then. If I email ivcasablance@state.gov, I get a canned email response. Here is the section regarding the K-1 visa:

Fiancé K-1 Visas
We are currently experiencing a high volume of fiancée petitions. We are scheduling interviews in the order in which the petitions were received at our office, and will send this interview notice to the applicant by email, along with further instructions. Any petitions that expire during this period will be extended as necessary to cover the additional time. At present, the interview backlog spans three to four months following the date which NVC forwards approved I-129F petitions to U.S. Consulate General Casablanca. In preparation for the interview, applicants are welcome to review our Fiancé Visa<http://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html> webpage.

No one ever responds, (I have sent more than a dozen emails to date). I just keep getting this canned response. When I check on the site, https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==, to check the status of our case, it's in "READY" status. It's been in this status for over two months? I have triple checked that the email address in the packet sent to the embassy is correct. They have his email and mine, and both phone numbers. Is anyone else having this issue that has been in "READY" status for a few months? Am I supposed to do anything else at this point? We filled out the DS-160 and he's got the receipt with the bar code, (needed when he has his interview) and he's got the Affidavit of Support paperwork, along with the other documents needed for the interview. I am just at a loss. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Hi, I am in the same boat as you were.  We received a email from NVC saying our petition has been sent over to the embassy March 19th.  When I email I get the same thing you get.  I emailed today still the same email.  I will do as you dis and email every day until they send me and my fiance the appointment for an interview.   I see you finally got the appointment May 28th.  Good luck.  

Timeline

I am in the same situation as you.  The status says ready. Case created March 1st.  Case updated March 21st.  I have been emailing the embassy and get the same generic answer.   I don't know when he will get an interview.   We have our wedding date for Aug 10th.  I hope we will be able to have it on that date.  I see you guys finally got your interview.  Good luck to you next week.

Timeline
5 hours ago, butterfly26145 said:

I am in the same situation as you.  The status says ready. Case created March 1st.  Case updated March 21st.  I have been emailing the embassy and get the same generic answer.   I don't know when he will get an interview.   We have our wedding date for Aug 10th.  I hope we will be able to have it on that date.  I see you guys finally got your interview.  Good luck to you next week.

Thank you so much! Just keep emailing the embassy! Make sure to include your case number in the subject line. I don't know if that helped, but it can't hurt. They must get THOUSANDS of emails a day, and maybe having the case number would make it easier, visually, to understand that you are already in process. Good luck to you too! Keep me posted!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.