Jump to content
mstrike88

How to get the Visa after the interview?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

Main question: What do we need to do in order to receive the Visa after approval - in regards to shipping and handling by 2Go?

Note: We are using the Immediate Relative process.

 

So we are preparing for the wife's interview in a couple of days and trying to get all our "ducks in a row" with paperwork and such.

The Department of State's website says to "Register for Courier Service" for Visa delivery. 

So I follow the rabbit hole down where I eventually land at a website that I am supposed to be able to input delivery information: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

 

The problem is, the website wants a priority date and to schedule an interview.

I believe we are past "priority dates" (and there was none on the interview letter) and the Embassy has already scheduled our interview.

 

Reading through the forum, I get the impression that after the interview is approved, we are given a sheet of paper to fill out for 2Go to deliver the Passport/Visa combo.

 

So how do we get the passport/visa delivered after the interview for an immediate relative?

 

- Must we schedule the delivery with 2Go/CgiFederal before the interview 

OR

- Do we submit that information to the Embassy/2Go after the interview?

 

Thank you for your time and patience.

 

P.S.

Here are the websites I've been following for the entire process and to schedule courier delivery: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

 

Which eventually leads to:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mstrike88 said:

Hello everyone,

 

Main question: What do we need to do in order to receive the Visa after approval - in regards to shipping and handling by 2Go?

Note: We are using the Immediate Relative process.

 

So we are preparing for the wife's interview in a couple of days and trying to get all our "ducks in a row" with paperwork and such.

The Department of State's website says to "Register for Courier Service" for Visa delivery. 

So I follow the rabbit hole down where I eventually land at a website that I am supposed to be able to input delivery information: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

 

The problem is, the website wants a priority date and to schedule an interview.

I believe we are past "priority dates" (and there was none on the interview letter) and the Embassy has already scheduled our interview.

 

Reading through the forum, I get the impression that after the interview is approved, we are given a sheet of paper to fill out for 2Go to deliver the Passport/Visa combo.

 

So how do we get the passport/visa delivered after the interview for an immediate relative?

 

- Must we schedule the delivery with 2Go/CgiFederal before the interview 

OR

- Do we submit that information to the Embassy/2Go after the interview?

 

Thank you for your time and patience.

 

P.S.

Here are the websites I've been following for the entire process and to schedule courier delivery: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

 

Which eventually leads to:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

 

Your are K-1?   Yet you say wife ..      What visa type are you?

 

Did you get your interview appt letter from NVC?    You state the embassy scheduled your interview.   Confusion here.     

 

2GO is the courier, the delivery fee is included in the visa fee.    You will not be given a form to complete for delivery at the interview, this is done online in your dashboard.  Info in the link I gave you below.

 

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

 

 

This the K-1 guide

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

 

 

This is the Immigrant visa guide

 

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hank,

 

What visa type are you?

-----Preference Category: IR1-Spouse of United States Citizen

 

Did you get your interview appt letter from NVC?

----Yes, the interview appt letter was from the NVC.

 

Apologies for the confusion.

 

//////

As the only priority date I have is is from the CEAC website, I put that. It was accepted.

//////

 

Please see the attached files.

So, as corrected, the NVC sent us an interview appointment letter. 

When completing the document delivery information at usatraveldocs.com, the normal order of operations leads us to a page where it asks us to schedule a consular appointment. I believe we do not need one as the NVC has scheduled us an appointment/interview.

 

What am I missing here?

 

 

Main page.PNG

appointment schedule.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mstrike88 said:

Hi Hank,

 

What visa type are you?

-----Preference Category: IR1-Spouse of United States Citizen

 

Did you get your interview appt letter from NVC?

----Yes, the interview appt letter was from the NVC.

 

Apologies for the confusion.

 

//////

As the only priority date I have is is from the CEAC website, I put that. It was accepted.

//////

 

Please see the attached files.

So, as corrected, the NVC sent us an interview appointment letter. 

When completing the document delivery information at usatraveldocs.com, the normal order of operations leads us to a page where it asks us to schedule a consular appointment. I believe we do not need one as the NVC has scheduled us an appointment/interview.

 

What am I missing here?

 

 

 

 

 

Correct, you do not need to schedule an appt, already done, just enter your delivery address information,  or 2GO office you choose for pickup.   

 

Here is the website you need.     http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp     You already setup your profile (username, password) I believe.

 

 

 

This guide works for you:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mstrike88 said:

Hi Hank,

 

What visa type are you?

-----Preference Category: IR1-Spouse of United States Citizen

 

You should edit your VJ profile to indicate that.........


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your time and patience Hank.

I understand your logic about the address being entered and nothing further being needed (to include the "schedule consular appointment").

It is quite odd it forwards us to the appointment page anyway.

I've e-mailed their suppport desk. I'll let you/the community know what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mstrike88 said:

Thank you for your time and patience Hank.

I understand your logic about the address being entered and nothing further being needed (to include the "schedule consular appointment").

It is quite odd it forwards us to the appointment page anyway.

I've e-mailed their suppport desk. I'll let you/the community know what they say.

 

As long as you got your delivery address info entered, all is good ... the rest is just part of the madness.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Hank_ said:

 

As long as you got your delivery address info entered, all is good ... the rest is just part of the madness.

Thanks Hank.
Their customer representative echoed what you said. Now we just wait for the passport/visa to show up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience, patience, patience .. is the way with this process.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...