RangerNomad415

Clarity on step after DS260. Confused.

74 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

You're welcome. I will do mine this end of August. Its good idea to book a nearby hotel. I don't know what else to expect but lets hope and pray everything will go well and finish early. And tell your wife not to forget the requirements before going there as mention on the link.

Not necessary for you to go there, I read on some blogs they only let the applicants inside.

P.S. Yes, you are lucky enough. No need for you to deal with this kind of stuff. Only us the immigrants. lol😊

Definitely lucky enough to be born in the States and not deal with this. But every step... Everything is just so unclear lol. I'm dealing with this more than my wife as I had to fill out all forms and figure it out. 

What hotels do you recommend near the Clinic and or US Embassy? 

Will try to do the Medical this week. Gotta book two nights and hope the medical goes well. 

On 8/19/2019 at 1:05 AM, RangerNomad415 said:

Definitely lucky enough to be born in the States and not deal with this. But every step... Everything is just so unclear lol. I'm dealing with this more than my wife as I had to fill out all forms and figure it out. 

What hotels do you recommend near the Clinic and or US Embassy? 

Will try to do the Medical this week. Gotta book two nights and hope the medical goes well. 

As for my case, I am the one dealing everything. lol

Goodluck. I am also looking for hotels right now. You can try visit @ booking.com so you can see the price and hotel at your preference.

My friend tried the Red Planet, its near the embassy she said. You can go check it👌..

2 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

As for my case, I am the one dealing everything. lol

Goodluck. I am also looking for hotels right now. You can try visit @ booking.com so you can see the price and hotel at your preference.

My friend tried the Red Planet, its near the embassy she said. You can go check it👌..

We are here in Ermita staying at Bayview Park Hotel. First time ever staying here and it's WAY better than City Garden Suites or Citystate Tower (my other two choices). Not cheap at 4700php a night but totally clean and has parking in the front. Otherwise, we would have stayed at City Garden Suites or Citystate Tower Hotel. If I traveled this far... took me a little more than two hours tonight without much traffic from Angeles... thought I would treat myself. We finally located the stupid St. Luke Medical Extension... HORRIBLE location and it's so ironic it's in the middle of a dump of homeless malnourished families and obvious poverty. Just the irony to come to the US, you gotta come to this dump of a place. Guard told me to line up at 4:30am even though the clinic opens at 7am. Wifey ain't too happy about this stupid medical as it's gonna cost us needed sleep. Plus she won't remember the way to the St Luke's dump of a clinic so I gotta show her. 

Again, my hotel choices are so I'm comfy. Why stay in a dump when you're already in one? Might as well be comfy during the medical and more importantly, rested before the Visa Interview, which we still have to practice for. 

If you're dealing with everything on your own...  dear God, much respect to you. It's such an unclear path to a first world country, that I myself, as an American citizen, sometimes take my citizenship for granted before. 

There’s no need to be there at 4:30 AM. Yes it is first come, first served, but unless you really need to be out ASAP, it’s better to just arrive when it opens. Being there 3 hours before it opens won’t save you 3 hours of waiting by coming later.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

14 minutes ago, geowrian said:

There’s no need to be there at 4:30 AM. Yes it is first come, first served, but unless you really need to be out ASAP, it’s better to just arrive when it opens. Being there 3 hours before it opens won’t save you 3 hours of waiting by coming later.

Seriously? Guess my wife has seen too many Pinay made Youtube videos on the St. Luke Medical Exam and a few videos had them waiting out THAT early... which is pretty damn insane for a chance at the first world. Was difficult to find at first as it's not really on a main street. It is super ghetto though, the whole area creeped out my wife, and she's a damn Filipina. You know it's bad when she's afraid to go alone to there, but around BGC or Makati, no problem. Lol

Need some help....

Wifey is at the Saint Luke's Medical Clinic Extension. I thought I printed out everything but they want this initial email from "National_Visa_Center" when you created your account. I don't have that. Or never received it in my email. Sample attached from what she sent me from another applicant there. I do not have this email or can't find it. Guess it's when you created your CEAC account, not sure. 

received_653930061772833.jpeg

9 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Need some help....

Wifey is at the Saint Luke's Medical Clinic Extension. I thought I printed out everything but they want this initial email from "National_Visa_Center" when you created your account. I don't have that. Or never received it in my email. Sample attached from what she sent me from another applicant there. I do not have this email or can't find it. Guess it's when you created your CEAC account, not sure. 

received_653930061772833.jpeg

Hi, show them the scheduling instruction that they emailed you from Manila IV Info. It shows the MNL Case No. there..

4 hours ago, Miz_Suzy said:

Hi, show them the scheduling instruction that they emailed you from Manila IV Info. It shows the MNL Case No. there..

Agreed - that's why my now-wife did.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

58 minutes ago, Miz_Suzy said:

Nice. That's the only letter I can show them too later on for my medical..👌😊

Thanks for the help. Wifey didn't sleep AT ALL last night as we had our alarms set at 430am. Walked her to Clinic and she was already like number 36 at 5:10am. Obviously she wasn't in her right mind and thinking clearly without any damn sleep (slept all day) for Day One of this insane robotic medical exam. That screenshot that she sent me from another applicant must have been on a Fiance K1 visa to have a "Invoice ID Number" that we fellow Philippine DCFers obviously don't have. They probably had to choose an agent online and pay fees online, that's what I'm guessing.

Wifey clocked in there at 5:10am and finished around 9:45am. Said around 200 people today there and Day Two starts at 930am. Had her Xray along with a blood sample test, then physical examination, then urine test. 

Day Two will include the immunization apparently. She will submit what she totally forgot. Besides, I'm the one that did literally EVERYTHING, scheduling this medical and printing out all documents and filing DS260 and all. You're amazing to figure this all out. 

What I loved about staying at Bayview Park Hotel was that there's an Anytime Fitness Gym right around the corner on UN Avenue, so spent the day there along with lunch at Robinson Place. Ermita is such a dirty cesspool of a third world DUMP lol, still can't believe the irony of setting up a "medical exam" for the first world when there are COUNTLESS drug addicts, homeless and shady looking families living and sleeping on the streets openly without any enforcement. Such irony that most Fil-Am immigrants had to pass through these dirty ### streets, was wondering why the Embassy wasn't built in BGC in the first place (the only place besides Clark & SBMA that remotely reassembles the "US" with traffic rules and no trikes allowed). 

Will update this thread again with results of Day Two. 

Screenshot_20190822-235217_Gmail.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 12:05 AM, RangerNomad415 said:

Thanks for the help. Wifey didn't sleep AT ALL last night as we had our alarms set at 430am. Walked her to Clinic and she was already like number 36 at 5:10am. Obviously she wasn't in her right mind and thinking clearly without any damn sleep (slept all day) for Day One of this insane robotic medical exam. That screenshot that she sent me from another applicant must have been on a Fiance K1 visa to have a "Invoice ID Number" that we fellow Philippine DCFers obviously don't have. They probably had to choose an agent online and pay fees online, that's what I'm guessing.

Wifey clocked in there at 5:10am and finished around 9:45am. Said around 200 people today there and Day Two starts at 930am. Had her Xray along with a blood sample test, then physical examination, then urine test. 

Day Two will include the immunization apparently. She will submit what she totally forgot. Besides, I'm the one that did literally EVERYTHING, scheduling this medical and printing out all documents and filing DS260 and all. You're amazing to figure this all out. 

What I loved about staying at Bayview Park Hotel was that there's an Anytime Fitness Gym right around the corner on UN Avenue, so spent the day there along with lunch at Robinson Place. Ermita is such a dirty cesspool of a third world DUMP lol, still can't believe the irony of setting up a "medical exam" for the first world when there are COUNTLESS drug addicts, homeless and shady looking families living and sleeping on the streets openly without any enforcement. Such irony that most Fil-Am immigrants had to pass through these dirty ### streets, was wondering why the Embassy wasn't built in BGC in the first place (the only place besides Clark & SBMA that remotely reassembles the "US" with traffic rules and no trikes allowed). 

Will update this thread again with results of Day Two. 

Screenshot_20190822-235217_Gmail.jpg

Good to hear your wife is done with her medical. I know its gonna be tiring also but have to be patient to it.

Thanks for the overview on your first day, it gives me idea what will I expect for mine.

Good to hear also you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found a pass time at the gym. lol

On 8/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, Miz_Suzy said:

Good to hear your wife is done with her medical. I know its gonna be tiring also but have to be patient to it.

Thanks for the overview on your first day, it gives me idea what will I expect for mine.

Good to hear also you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found a pass time at the gym. lol

Yup, so glad it was over with. Tired of waking up SUPER early to walk her through the GHETTO to that Clinic. The irony of America is taking a medical exam in the middle of an area fulled with homelessness and open poverty. Love it lol.

Day Two was easy. She finished by 130pm (got there at like 830am). There were some folks who didn't get their medical exams handed back, one of whom had a tattoo (another no no, I guess). A few simply didn't pass the exam and had to wait and come back. Wifey had her shots that day and it made her feel weak the rest of the day. I checked out, picked her up from that aweful clinic, lunch at Robinson Place before driving back in HEAVY Friday traffic back to Pampanga. 

Now she has to get our new cenomar. First is a stop at the NBI in San Fernando tomorrow morning. I still have to figure out how to claim dolicile in the US. I main a US bank account and credit cards though. No job offer or anything. Still need to figure out how to explain this, but Mom is supporting the whole petition and is the co-sponsor. 

I also learned the this stupid Medical Exam is good for "six months" only, meaning she has to enter the US within six months of this medical exam, completed August 23rd. If that's correct, she has to enter the USA by February 23, 2020? Kind of nerve racking as I still have cars, house, everything here. Should have delayed it but wifey said it was a terrible LONG boring experience. Lots of waiting and playing on her phone, mostly wait time apparently. Sounds like torture! The layers of hurdles is so insane, glad to be born there instead of going through all this bullshit.

When do you plan to schedule your medical?  

13 minutes ago, RangerNomad415 said:

I also learned the this stupid Medical Exam is good for "six months" only, meaning she has to enter the US within six months of this medical exam, completed August 23rd. If that's correct, she has to enter the USA by February 23, 2020?

Correct. The visa's validity period is constrained by the validity of the medical exam.

Technically the medical can be valid for less than 6 months, particularly with certain TB findings. Just a note....doesn't appear to apply in your case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

6 hours ago, RangerNomad415 said:

Yup, so glad it was over with. Tired of waking up SUPER early to walk her through the GHETTO to that Clinic. The irony of America is taking a medical exam in the middle of an area fulled with homelessness and open poverty. Love it lol.

Day Two was easy. She finished by 130pm (got there at like 830am). There were some folks who didn't get their medical exams handed back, one of whom had a tattoo (another no no, I guess). A few simply didn't pass the exam and had to wait and come back. Wifey had her shots that day and it made her feel weak the rest of the day. I checked out, picked her up from that aweful clinic, lunch at Robinson Place before driving back in HEAVY Friday traffic back to Pampanga. 

Now she has to get our new cenomar. First is a stop at the NBI in San Fernando tomorrow morning. I still have to figure out how to claim dolicile in the US. I main a US bank account and credit cards though. No job offer or anything. Still need to figure out how to explain this, but Mom is supporting the whole petition and is the co-sponsor. 

I also learned the this stupid Medical Exam is good for "six months" only, meaning she has to enter the US within six months of this medical exam, completed August 23rd. If that's correct, she has to enter the USA by February 23, 2020? Kind of nerve racking as I still have cars, house, everything here. Should have delayed it but wifey said it was a terrible LONG boring experience. Lots of waiting and playing on her phone, mostly wait time apparently. Sounds like torture! The layers of hurdles is so insane, glad to be born there instead of going through all this bullshit.

When do you plan to schedule your medical?  

I'm going this Aug. 29-30 to get it over with. I got my powerbank ready for the long wait. lol That's what I read too, its only valid for 6 months. My hubby can't wait to go back to US already so I'm a bit pressured. He stays with me til now coz if he go first I will be alone in the house. lol

As for the domicile requirement, its still a problem. No banks, job offerings, etc. Lucky you maintain your banks and credit cards, I think its good. Just get the latest statement or billings and it must show your address there too. We only have his tax transcript the he filed for 2015 that was requested last April of this year and it shows his address on it. As for 2016-2018, no taxes files since he didn't work here in ph so will just provide explanation for it. Same as yours, his dad is the joint sponsor and taking care of everything we need for our petition. Dad said to just go to the interview and if they need more docs then will comply. But it would be nicer if we have it ready for the interview.

Edited by Miz_Suzy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.