Jump to content
suss6052

Uploading CEMAR to CEAC after case complete

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We just received the interview check list from the embassy, but they are asking for the CENOMAR (actually it would be a CEMAR as we're married already) to CEAC as well as to be brought in person. My wife has this document and I have a scanned copy of it, however it was not uploaded when the case was completed at NVC as it was not available at the time the documents were submitted and now when I try to upload it under civil documents -> other documents it gives me an error where the server refuses to respond. Do we have to wait until the interview and face a 221g for this? 

 

I've emailed through the NVC inquiry page but don't expect to hear an answer for at least a week now. I also emailed support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com but that just ended up with them creating an account for my email address, which I hope won't mess up my wife's case either, as we already registered her email and delivery preferences.

 

At this point I'm slightly regretting the choice to use an immigration lawyer even if they had helped my father before in a few cases. There were too many mistakes made during the process and whenever it was her fault she would laugh it off and say it was no big deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, suss6052 said:

We just received the interview check list from the embassy, but they are asking for the CENOMAR (actually it would be a CEMAR as we're married already) to CEAC as well as to be brought in person. My wife has this document and I have a scanned copy of it, however it was not uploaded when the case was completed at NVC as it was not available at the time the documents were submitted and now when I try to upload it under civil documents -> other documents it gives me an error where the server refuses to respond. Do we have to wait until the interview and face a 221g for this? 

 

I've emailed through the NVC inquiry page but don't expect to hear an answer for at least a week now. I also emailed support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com but that just ended up with them creating an account for my email address, which I hope won't mess up my wife's case either, as we already registered her email and delivery preferences.

 

At this point I'm slightly regretting the choice to use an immigration lawyer even if they had helped my father before in a few cases. There were too many mistakes made during the process and whenever it was her fault she would laugh it off and say it was no big deal.  

Is the upload instructions for the embassy the same place as with NVC?   

 

Bring the document to the interview, you should be fine.

 

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Is the upload instructions for the embassy the same place as with NVC?   

 

Bring the document to the interview, you should be fine.

 

 

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Yes the instructions in the email link to the CEAC upload instructions. We have all of the documents, but the concern is will there be any issues if it's not uploaded before the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suss6052 said:

Yes the instructions in the email link to the CEAC upload instructions. We have all of the documents, but the concern is will there be any issues if it's not uploaded before the interview.

No .. if the CO asks about it just explain there was an issue.    Up until a couple months ago all documents were hand carried to the interview ..     I would not stress on this as the embassy really wants the original documents (CENOMAR/CEMAR, NBI, birth certificate)


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No .. if the CO asks about it just explain there was an issue.    Up until a couple months ago all documents were hand carried to the interview ..     I would not stress on this as the embassy really wants the original documents (CENOMAR/CEMAR, NBI, birth certificate)

Thanks for the advice. Eventually I was able to make the upload and submission into CEAC. Not sure why it didn't work before, but at least this way we've dotted all our I's and crossed all our T's with the request on the Immigrant Visa Application checklist which should ease my wife's mind.

Edited by suss6052

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, suss6052 said:

Thanks for the advice. Eventually I was able to make the upload and submission into CEAC. Not sure why it didn't work before, but at least this way we've dotted all our I's and crossed all our T's with the request on the Immigrant Visa Application checklist which should ease my wife's mind.

Excellent!   Glad things are working.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...