lifegoeson123

Interview citizenship and green card

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear everyone,

I just got interview date for citizenship test next month hoooray. But I have not had 10 year green card yet. My status expires at the end of July.

Do I need my husband to go with me to my citizenship interview? It is 4 hours far away and he does not want to sit there by himself since he is superbusy. I heard they may need the husband to interview since the wife has not yet had 10 year GC.

Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, lifegoeson123 said:

Dear everyone,

I just got interview date for citizenship test next month hoooray. But I have not had 10 year green card yet. My status expires at the end of July.

Do I need my husband to go with me to my citizenship interview? It is 4 hours far away and he does not want to sit there by himself since he is superbusy. I heard they may need the husband to interview since the wife has not yet had 10 year GC.

Thank you very much.

I think you should contact your local office if they would combine N400-I751 together. Sometimes they will turn you around and reschedule. You should able you send them an inquiry in your uscis account.

Edited by dannyphan91

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, smart said:

Hi All,

Sorry new to this so please forgive me for any stupid question.

I am wondering when can I expect visa interview for F4 category for my sister?

Visa Category: F4

Priority Date: Will be current in June 2019

Should we expect interview on the same month Priority Date becomes current or later?

Hi! How many years before you applied for citizenship? Is this the 3yr rule?

lol how do i delete this? I quoted the wrong comment. Sorry

Edited by Kartinee23
Sorry wrong

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, lifegoeson123 said:

Dear everyone,

Thank you very much.

Hi! How many yrs before you applied for citizenship? Is this the 3yr rule? Since you don’t hve the 10yr GC yet or your GC is just delayed? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you can file for citizenship within 90 days your green card expires and your marriage is 3 years.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

I applied my GC 10 year in Oct 2017 but I guess they ignored it and processed my citizenship. I applied for citizenship in Nov 2018. 

Thank you Danny Phan. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.