goshinga

AOS interview experience (NYC).

2 posts in this topic

Filed: H3 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Got to Federal 26 (the USCIS building in NY) 30 minutes early. Our appointment was 12PM and we got called in almost on the dot which was nice. Our officer was SUPER nice. Really chatty and friendly. She had us raise our hands and swear we would tell the truth. Then she took my wife's fingerprint and picture. She asked extremely basic questions -

1. Where did you guys meet?

2. When did you guys get married?

3. What does your husband do?

4. Where do you live?

5. Have you travelled outside the US?

Afterwards she asked for birth certificates. We had copies of everything.

Then she asked for supporting evidence. We gave her

Photo of our credit cards - shes an authorized user on our account.

Paperwork about our health insurance which she's on.

Beneficiary info for my retirement account.

Joint tax return.

I printed out like 100 photos and she just asked for one. She then added it to her file. I asked if she needed to see anything else besides that one photo and she said nope. Afterwards she printed out a notice that said our case would be under review. We were a bit disappointed because we heard some people get approved on the spot but anyway about 5 days later we got a letter in the mail saying we had been approved. Now we are just waiting for the greencard.

Only advice I have is to just bring everything the sheet tells you to bring and bring copies as well. Better to over prepare then under prepare/ As long as you're legit I think there is no reason to be nervous. I think we did get lucky to have such a nice officer.

I checked this forum so many times during this process so just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this community for their help and stories. 

Edited by jlee4790

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Don't forget to file your AOS interview experience in the US Embassy & USCIS Office Reviews section.

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.