AHMED_ABDALLAH5

inquiry about the divorce documentss

11 posts in this topic

HI GUYS

we will start do the DCF n egypt n sunday but there s a question plz

they said u must have all ur wife's divorce certificates . they r two ,we have only the last one and the 1st one was from long time and she doesnt have it

should we say that she got married only one time and dont talk about the 1st time or what?

thank u for ur help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

She can go to the courthouse in the county her divorce was granted and get a copy for a small fee. In dealing with Egypt I would bring everything they are requesting in hopes to avoid longer AR/AP. Best of luck! :thumbs:

thank u for reply

the problem s we r living together here from more than year and we gonna move to saudi arabia after 2weeks . so we wnted to do the DCF here and move to have the 2nd interview there. and to have this paper she must go to states to have u know

so really i dont know im confused . and i have a month for my visa to saudi arabia

really dont know what i should do?

do u think that they will ask about the last last marriage.

we have only the last one

hope anyone can help me in it

thanks

You need to provide information about your wife's first marriage and the divorce decree from her first marriage. If you do anything else, that's fraudulent and could have very serious ramifications down the line.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Would it be possible for someone in the states to get it for her and send it fed ex to you? I do NOT recommend lying since you could be flat out denied. You don't want to mess with things like this. I know that is not the answer you are looking for but a little inconvenience now will save you months if not years down the road.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Would it be possible for someone in the states to get it for her and send it fed ex to you? I do NOT recommend lying since you could be flat out denied. You don't want to mess with things like this. I know that is not the answer you are looking for but a little inconvenience now will save you months if not years down the road.

Different jurisdictions deal with the issue of obtaining certified copies of divorce decrees differently. I obtained mine for Washington without leaving my office. My advice is to google the state where the first divorce took place and find out how to get a certified copy. There will be a fee and they may not be willing to mail it abroad but you can have it mailed to a friend or family member who can get it to you.

Note: People don't routinely have certified copies of divorce decrees laying around. They are more commonly obtained when needed than found in a filing cabinet at home. Every US jurisdiction has a procedure for doing so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

thank u all for ur kind reply

but what i wanna say this divorce happened from 25 years . so do u think that the will ask about it ? and they didnt ask when we wanted the marriage permission before marriage?

and plz what about the photos should i write the dates on it or not?

thanks

Filed: Timeline

but what i wanna say this divorce happened from 25 years . so do u think that the will ask about it ? and they didnt ask when we wanted the marriage permission before marriage?

thanks

If the marriage happened, it happened and needs to be reported to USCIS, no way around it. You need to mention it in your application or otherwise, as other posters have told you, you are setting yourselves up for giving the consulate grounds for dismissal or denial. Lying to USCIS is NOT a good idea.

Follow pushbrk's advise - google the state and get the divorce record! If you are not able to get it, inform the consulate of the reasons why you are not including it (and a "it happened so long ago" is not a legal reason). Best of luck!

And yes,as far as I know, behind the photos you have to put your full name and the stamp of the photographer indicating date taken (that was our case in Canada) - the Consulate you are planning to DCF at is always the best source of information.

Again.... lying to USCIS or any related government agency WILL jeopardize your process and either bar you, or deny you, or all kinds of nasty stuff you don't want to happen.

I am not a lawyer or an expert though... just another VJ'er in the process!!

HI GUYS

we will start do the DCF n egypt n sunday but there s a question plz

they said u must have all ur wife's divorce certificates . they r two ,we have only the last one and the 1st one was from long time and she doesnt have it

should we say that she got married only one time and dont talk about the 1st time or what?

thank u for ur help

I agree with other replies... you will need all divorce decrees. You can check out this site.. hope it helps :thumbs:http://www.usavital.com/index.html

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks

You are talking about multiple "they". The forms you will file DO ask about it. A certified copy of the divorce decree is available if a divorce was actually obtained. Just get it and be done with it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.