vince88

Incorrect Priority Date

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi,

My sister is a US citizen and she has filed I-130 petition for me and my other 2 siblings in April 2006 and got approved in 2009. I just realized that NVC has mistakenly put a wrong priority date for my case, they put April 2009 instead of 2006!! My other 2 siblings already got their confirmation letter from NVC to start the application process as our priority date is currently current for filing.

I have e-mailed NVC regarding this issue but haven't got any reply from them and it's been 3 weeks.

My question is, Is it common for NVC to make this kind of mistake? and if anyone has ever experienced this kind of problem?

I'm very anxious at the moment as it can make me wait another 3 years if the NVC is unable to correct my PD.

Thanks for any feedback....

Edited by vince88

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, typo errors happen. Happened to me as well but with USCIS. We received my NOA2 with wrong priority date. My husband called and asked for a new NOA2 with correct PD. They sent us a new one and they said NVC reviews the physical file to make sure of the correct PD so we have nothing to worry about. Surely it was a non issue for our case. 

It takes NVC a long time to respond (back in my day it took them 10 business days to reply via email).  You or your petitioner can also call them for a faster response. 

If you're PD is indeed current (the PD on NOA1 and NOA2) then you have nothing to worry about. 

Good luck!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi apple21,

Yes, I've confirmed with USCIS about my priority date which is still in April 2006, I guess it is just a mistake from the NVC side.

Guess I'll just wait for a reply from NVC and hopefully, they can correct it asap and then I can start submitting my IV application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.