97kilam

Issues uploading supporting documents for I-864a (household member)

20 posts in this topic

Hi there, we're at the NVC stage for parents' (IR5) applications.

I need to upload supporting documents for the household member's I-864A.  Specifically, the tax return transcripts and their w-2.  (Household member is my spouse and we filed a joint tax return.  So I need to submit her W-2 as well I think).

It has been 2 days since the household member was added.  But it says N/A under the Affidavit of Support Documents and Financial Evidence section.  Where do I submit the w-2? 

I just called NVC and the agent said she would route this for supervisor review and that would take up to 6 weeks?!  I asked the agent if I could submit everything in the petitioner's section and she said that I could not do that because NVC would send it back for missing documents for household member's I-864a.

1221688272_ScreenShot2019-04-24at10_52_22AM.thumb.png.18cfb8522d229703b2199be3a14f791b.png 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, 97kilam said:

Hi there, we're at the NVC stage for parents' (IR5) applications.

I need to upload supporting documents for the household member's I-864A.  Specifically, the tax return transcripts and their w-2.  (Household member is my spouse and we filed a joint tax return.  So I need to submit her W-2 as well I think).

It has been 2 days since the household member was added.  But it says N/A under the Affidavit of Support Documents and Financial Evidence section.  Where do I submit the w-2? 

I just called NVC and the agent said she would route this for supervisor review and that would take up to 6 weeks?!  I asked the agent if I could submit everything in the petitioner's section and she said that I could not do that because NVC would send it back for missing documents for household member's I-864a.

1221688272_ScreenShot2019-04-24at10_52_22AM.thumb.png.18cfb8522d229703b2199be3a14f791b.png 

Yes, it is very important that the I-864A and supporting documents go in the "House Member" area that will become available after you received approval as a household member.  You will get an internal message when household member has been approved.  Hang in there !!!  Here is my message example:

Message.JPG.f6bc1248ea86db16c3e28b30f3b544c0.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 5:33 PM, Juniper said:

Yes, it is very important that the I-864A and supporting documents go in the "House Member" area that will become available after you received approval as a household member.  You will get an internal message when household member has been approved.  Hang in there !!!  Here is my message example:

Message.JPG.f6bc1248ea86db16c3e28b30f3b544c0.JPG

Do I need to request to add a sponsor (i864)and his wife (i864A)as well? I dont make enough money.

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jane Hat said:

Do I need to request to add a sponsor (i864)and his wife (i864A)as well? I dont make enough money.

Thanks!

This is the part of the uploading system where you would do that.  The instructions should explain how to add additional sponsors.  The system appears to change how things are done, so I don't know the latest steps.

• 3 months later...

@97kilam & @Juniper,

I am also confused by this user experience since the "Household Member" is listed but the "Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence" link says "N/A" for them (see screenshot).

Just to confirm:

1. Will the "N/A" link for the "Household Member" change to something usable after they're approved? Or do you upload the documents via the petitioner?

2. If the documents are uploaded via the link on the "Household Member", do you know if the "Household Member" needs to upload/submit their documents before the petitioner submits?

Thanks an appreciate the help.

image.thumb.png.87661763a8d1244e6ac531552a911c79.png

3 hours ago, Brandon. said:

@97kilam & @Juniper,

I am also confused by this user experience since the "Household Member" is listed but the "Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence" link says "N/A" for them (see screenshot).

Just to confirm:

1. Will the "N/A" link for the "Household Member" change to something usable after they're approved? Or do you upload the documents via the petitioner?

2. If the documents are uploaded via the link on the "Household Member", do you know if the "Household Member" needs to upload/submit their documents before the petitioner submits?

Thanks an appreciate the help.

image.thumb.png.87661763a8d1244e6ac531552a911c79.png

FYI for anyone else encountering this issue... it took 6+ hours but eventually I did receive a message that the "Household Member" was approved. The UI now shows an "INCOMPLETE" link for the individual.

image.png.66d5ad386aabdddde149389862b8af54.png

---------

image.png.699230345639377395af556cf4ec9710.png

• 4 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 11:27 PM, Brandon. said:

FYI for anyone else encountering this issue... it took 6+ hours but eventually I did receive a message that the "Household Member" was approved. The UI now shows an "INCOMPLETE" link for the individual.

image.png.66d5ad386aabdddde149389862b8af54.png

---------

image.png.699230345639377395af556cf4ec9710.png

I added a joint-sponsor after I submit it, it logs me out of the system.  I waited for an hour and logged back in and my joint sponsor was not added.  Does that mean the system didn't take it the first time, do I need to re-add the joint sponsor?  This system is buggy asf....anyone can shed some light would really appreicated

9 minutes ago, PandaEat said:

I added a joint-sponsor after I submit it, it logs me out of the system.  I waited for an hour and logged back in and my joint sponsor was not added.  Does that mean the system didn't take it the first time, do I need to re-add the joint sponsor?  This system is buggy asf....anyone can shed some light would really appreicated

I re-added it and see my joint-sponsor added but needs to be approved before I can upload document.

For the adding household member it only has my name, and does not have my joint-sponsor name.  Do I need to wait as well? 

household.jpg

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Anyone have the time from they added the household member to the time it was approved to allow them to add the supporting documentation?  Its been 1 day for me so far and still in N/A status.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, gossamer said:

Anyone have the time from they added the household member to the time it was approved to allow them to add the supporting documentation?  Its been 1 day for me so far and still in N/A status.

I’ve been waiting almost 2 weeks. I called 4 days after I added my household member and was told It was a known issue and had to fill out the public inquiry form. The wait time for a reply is about 2 weeks. So, I suppose I should hear back early next week. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Disfan01 said:

I’ve been waiting almost 2 weeks. I called 4 days after I added my household member and was told It was a known issue and had to fill out the public inquiry form. The wait time for a reply is about 2 weeks. So, I suppose I should hear back early next week. 

Thanks.  I called also.  They did say it was a "known" issue.  But I was told to keep logging in to check if it self corrects itself.  I also filled out a public inquiry form just in case.  But if it does happen to change status where I can enter, Ill post some details.  Otherwise Ill see what comes out of the public inquiry follow up.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, gossamer said:

Thanks.  I called also.  They did say it was a "known" issue.  But I was told to keep logging in to check if it self corrects itself.  I also filled out a public inquiry form just in case.  But if it does happen to change status where I can enter, Ill post some details.  Otherwise Ill see what comes out of the public inquiry follow up.

I received a canned email response on Friday and was able to then log in and add the necessary documents. It took 2 weeks after I filled out the public inquiry form. Good luck!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Disfan01 said:

I received a canned email response on Friday and was able to then log in and add the necessary documents. It took 2 weeks after I filled out the public inquiry form. Good luck!

I found this also.  But did NVC contact you through the public inquiry?  Or did the make the correction/update without contacting you specifically about the issue?  Im glad you got your issues resolved, I hope they do the same with mine.  Thanks again for the information.

Issue

Action

Most Recent Update

Documents submitted via CEAC 4-MAY-21 or later are delayed in getting to NVC's systems.  NVC is not immediately able to confirm receipt or take action.

You do not need to take any additional action and do not need to re-upload the documents unless specifically directed to do so by NVC. Documents are reaching NVC's systems for review, but are delayed.

28-MAY-21

I haven't received a response to my request in CEAC to add a Joint Sponsor or Household Member Requests to add Joint Sponsors or Household Members submitted via CEAC 4-MAY-21 or later are delayed in getting to NVC for review and approval. You do not need to take any additional action, and do not need to re-request to have the JS/HHM added to your case. NVC will process the request as soon as we are able. 28-MAY-21

Timeline
15 hours ago, Disfan01 said:

Just curious when you did this.  Were you trying to add the household member due to NVC contacting you about the need to add them or needed additional supporting evidence as the petitioner?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.