~Nini~

Double turkey!

27 posts in this topic

My fiance and I were talking the other night about our infinite love for roast turkey and the stuff that is accompanied with it (mmm, potatoes). After further discussion, we concluded that we had to have both Canadian and American Thanksgiving every year once I moved down to the States.

I was just wondering, is there anyone here as crazy as we are? :whistle:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we take the opportunity for two turkey dinners each year :D

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because its all about the foooooood........not who got what gift and how much should we spend blah blah.........just who gets stuck making the jello each year! ( I graduated from jello years ago thank gawd):lol:

google.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We do two Thanksgivings too! Although I call the American Thanksgiving "Happy American Turkey Murder Day" :)

Edited by Sabovee

My K-1 Journey ....

March 1 - Sent I-129F to VSC

March 9 - NOA1 by mail

March 11 - Touched

April 6 - NOA2 by email

April 12 - Received by NVC (Dated April 6th)

April 19 - Received notice from NVC - sent to Vancouver? WHAT? :) CAN IT BE TRUE???

May 4 - Packet 3!! Still from Vancouver!

May 7 - Packet 3 faxed back

May 16 - Medical in Ottawa

May 17 - Packet 4!

June 11 - Interview - APPROVED IN VANCOUVER!

June 16 - Activated visa at Alexandria Bay!

BACK IN THE USSA! ;)

Sept 1 - Wedding in Maryland

Nov 12 - AOS package recieved by USCIS

Nov 30 - NOA

Dec 3 - Received Biometrics Appointment date

Dec 20 - Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore!

Jan 14, 2008 - Case transfered to CSC

Feb 4 - Welcoming letter and AP/arrived!

Feb 6 - Case online - updated - Approval notice sent

Feb 7 - GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL - Happy dance ensues!! :) :) :) :) :)

2009/2010 - Adjustment of Status (10 year visa)

Dec - Filed I751 (Vermont)

Dec 14th - Received NOA (Conditional residence extended for one year)

Jan 26th - Biometrics in Baltimore

Jan 28th - Touch

April 2 - Approval letter recieved!

June 22 - Still no card... called Vermont Office

June 25 - Email received, card production ordered!

July 9 - GC received in mail!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We do two Thanksgivings too! Although I call the American Thanksgiving "Happy American Turkey Murder Day" :)

HEHEHEHEHEHE - I am definitely going to have to remember that one this Happy American Turkey Murder Day:-)! Yes, we celebrate both Thanksgivings as well:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We invite friends over to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving and then celebrate American Thanksgiving with family. Our American friends love the Canadian party! Just be prepared for some friendly rivalry and check up on who celebrated Thanksgiving first. ;)

Timeline

You think that is crazy?

Wow, you haven't met me and Mel yet!! :)

I want to be able to incorporate all the Holidays, Canadian and American. All the ones with good food anyway.

My wife and I are planning to go to Canada for Canadian thanksgiving and then staying in the US for the US(appropietyly enough). Since my brother and I are hockey fans, he's thrown a Canada Day picnic insetead of a 4th of July party the last 10+ years. He has an Ontario flag that was "acquired" from a post office and we drink Canadian beer. We also play a game called Wilbur Hockey which is like polo, sans horses and uses a rubber kiddy ball.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are going to try and rotate. The yr we do Cdn thanksgiving we wil goto saskatoon and celebreate, and then to Tampa for Xmas. Then the next yr Canada for xmas, and tampa for USA thanksgiving. But we do celebrate each thanksgiving, any excuse to eat,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

The best is my Canada Days in the US. I sit in my outdoor riding arena (which is sand... and beach like) in my bikini drinking beer all day! :) The local Americans think I'm out of my tree. I just tell them since there isn't a beach super close I make due with what I've got available! :)

My K-1 Journey ....

March 1 - Sent I-129F to VSC

March 9 - NOA1 by mail

March 11 - Touched

April 6 - NOA2 by email

April 12 - Received by NVC (Dated April 6th)

April 19 - Received notice from NVC - sent to Vancouver? WHAT? :) CAN IT BE TRUE???

May 4 - Packet 3!! Still from Vancouver!

May 7 - Packet 3 faxed back

May 16 - Medical in Ottawa

May 17 - Packet 4!

June 11 - Interview - APPROVED IN VANCOUVER!

June 16 - Activated visa at Alexandria Bay!

BACK IN THE USSA! ;)

Sept 1 - Wedding in Maryland

Nov 12 - AOS package recieved by USCIS

Nov 30 - NOA

Dec 3 - Received Biometrics Appointment date

Dec 20 - Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore!

Jan 14, 2008 - Case transfered to CSC

Feb 4 - Welcoming letter and AP/arrived!

Feb 6 - Case online - updated - Approval notice sent

Feb 7 - GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL - Happy dance ensues!! :) :) :) :) :)

2009/2010 - Adjustment of Status (10 year visa)

Dec - Filed I751 (Vermont)

Dec 14th - Received NOA (Conditional residence extended for one year)

Jan 26th - Biometrics in Baltimore

Jan 28th - Touch

April 2 - Approval letter recieved!

June 22 - Still no card... called Vermont Office

June 25 - Email received, card production ordered!

July 9 - GC received in mail!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ever since I moved to Canada 5 years ago, we have always celebrated both Thanksgivings..I couldnt believe that when I made my first Canadian Thanksgiving and I brought out the Green Bean Casserole and my husband just looked at it and said "what is that?!" ... you cannot have Thanksgiving without GBC!! he doesnt love it, but he will eat it for special occasions..LOL

... In 2005 we were in the US for Canadian Thanksgiving...my family didnt want my husband to miss his holiday so everyone got together for Canadian Thanksgiving..it was also the year my husband was introduced to deep fried turkey (he says it was the best turkey hes ever had)...

We plan to always celebrate each others holidays no matter what country were in..

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ever since I moved to Canada 5 years ago, we have always celebrated both Thanksgivings..I couldnt believe that when I made my first Canadian Thanksgiving and I brought out the Green Bean Casserole and my husband just looked at it and said "what is that?!" ... you cannot have Thanksgiving without GBC!! he doesnt love it, but he will eat it for special occasions..LOL

... In 2005 we were in the US for Canadian Thanksgiving...my family didnt want my husband to miss his holiday so everyone got together for Canadian Thanksgiving..it was also the year my husband was introduced to deep fried turkey (he says it was the best turkey hes ever had)...

We plan to always celebrate each others holidays no matter what country were in..

omg Green Bean casserole ........my hub's reaction was about the same but I think he liked it. Now mind you he doesnt order it or anything but he didnt complain. I friggin love it!!!

and about deep frying turkey ..........I always say " IF YOU DEEP FRY FOOD IN YOUR YAAAAAARD......YOU MIGHT BE A ......." :D

I have had deep fried turkey and it is yummy !!!

google.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, you're not crazy! :) For Canadian Thanksgiving, I try to get one of those boneless turkey breasts and roast it. Then I make some roasted potatoes, corn and dressing. Add some sparkling grape juice and voila! This past year it got kind of crazy around that time and I wasn't able to get stuff ready, so we went to Marie Callendar's and Monday's special is turkey dinner! It was good in a pinch. :)

Jerry's mom goes all out for Thanksgiving, so we go down there to eat with the family around American Thanksgiving time.

Green bean casserole is a mixture of green beans, cream of mushroom soup and maybe some spices that is baked for a while and then topped with fried onions. It's not bad. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.