Helen Nguyen

Santa Ana office - AOS June 2018

37 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Hi there,

How was your interview? Would you mind to share your experience?

Hi Gigi, 

We think our interview went well but still unknown until to get an update online. 

Our interviewer was very nice to us. He asked if we have any additional evidence that we would like to submit. We provide our bank statement, phone bill, car insurance, letter proof of beneficiary on our 401k and life insurance, receipts of thing we brought for each other, airplane tickets to proof that we travel together, and since we live with my family, we also have a letter from my mom prove that we are living with her. We bring a phot album but he didn't look at it, he just asked to give him 6 photos. 

We also had to provide a copy of out birth certificate, copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of our passport and ID. 

My husband also resubmit his health check up just in case they need it. I see a lot people get postpone on their result because the health check up is already past 1 year. 

After providing all the evidence, he put them aside and start asking questions. Our questions are very straight forward. 

He asked my husband the information on his I485 form. Then he asked: 

- What did you guys do for your first anniversary?  

- When did we decide to get marriage? 

- Will we have kid? 

- Our 2 years anniversary is coming, what is my husband plan to celebrate? 

Our interview on last around 30 mins. 

At the end of our interview He said he would approve our case if all the documents are legit. Now we just to have to wait for the result.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am searching for a thread with santa ana as field office and applied to change status from a k-1. just applied aos last april 2019. received an rfe a month after and by june received a notice saying "ready to be schedule for an interview" after submitting the required document for the rfe

I hope you can help me out in this long waiting by simply giving a glimpse of your timeline first from the NOA1 to ead being issued;

second from interview is ready to be schedule to the interview schedule.

I am currently a housewife and im dying to convince hubby to let me work and he promised to let me once I have the EAD. (not used to being unemployed.)

On 7/16/2019 at 3:31 PM, Gheyish said:

I am searching for a thread with santa ana as field office and applied to change status from a k-1. just applied aos last april 2019. received an rfe a month after and by june received a notice saying "ready to be schedule for an interview" after submitting the required document for the rfe

I hope you can help me out in this long waiting by simply giving a glimpse of your timeline first from the NOA1 to ead being issued;

I am currently a housewife and im dying to convince hubby to let me work and he promised to let me once I have the EAD. (not used to being unemployed.)

Hi Gheyish, 

We submit our i485 in June 2018 and My husband got received his EAD card in Oct 2018 & our” ready to be schedule for interview”  notice. 

Hi Gheyish, 

We submit our i485 in June 2018 and My husband got received his EAD card in Oct 2018. 

Hi,

Our NOA is the beginning of March 2019 and I have the Ready to be scheduled for the interview since the beginning of Aprily 2019, so it''s been 3 months since the update and 4,5 months since the NOA. I still don't have my EAD and we didn"t get RFIE so far. Hope this helps for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
  • thank you so much. Yes, it does help me hugely to have someone in the same field office. 😃 This waiting game is taking its toll on me.hahaha. By the way, are we allowed to get AB 60 drivers license at least since we are not able to acquire drivers license not until we have the EAD/greencard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.