wasp8898

Paid visa fee via BPI online, no DS 160 confirmation number

10 posts in this topic

I saw this warning when scheduling my visa interview. 

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.

So I paid my interview fee via BPI online. I printed the appointment confirmation page and it only has the UID. I blocked out information.I've had visa interviews before but they weren't paid online and the DS 160 confirmation number was in that row together with the UID.

Am I doing something wrong? where should I input my DS 160 confirmation number? 
image.thumb.png.54ae818d30f2eee5416280a010076dce.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

I saw this warning when scheduling my visa interview. 

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.

So I paid my interview fee via BPI online. I printed the appointment confirmation page and it only has the UID. I blocked out information.I've had visa interviews before but they weren't paid online and the DS 160 confirmation number was in that row together with the UID.

Am I doing something wrong? where should I input my DS 160 confirmation number? 
image.thumb.png.54ae818d30f2eee5416280a010076dce.png

You are K-1, you should be scheduling your appt for an IMMIGRANT VISA, not  a non-immigrant visa

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

52 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are K-1, you should be scheduling your appt for an IMMIGRANT VISA, not  a non-immigrant visa

Actually I did, I am just curious if DS 160 confirmation number isn't asked for immigrant visa. Because the warning is there even if I was applying for immigrant visa. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, wasp8898 said:

Actually I did, I am just curious if DS 160 confirmation number isn't asked for immigrant visa. Because the warning is there even if I was applying for immigrant visa. 

The "Group Scheduling" option has been a non-immigrant visa scheduling option which is why I though you in the non-immigrant visa section.

You must bring the D-160 confirmation page to the interview.   I have never heard of the IV appt system asking for the DS-160 confirmation number .. if it is doing this now, it is something new.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 4/17/2019 at 6:25 PM, Hank_ said:

The "Group Scheduling" option has been a non-immigrant visa scheduling option which is why I though you in the non-immigrant visa section.

You must bring the D-160 confirmation page to the interview.   I have never heard of the IV appt system asking for the DS-160 confirmation number .. if it is doing this now, it is something new.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Thanks for this Hank. Sorry. I had B1 interviews before and they always asked for DS160 confirmation, so I just wanted to know if K1 doesnt ask this. And I got my answer. thanks! 

Also I reschedule this appointment because of sputum and had a  filled out ds160 like 3 months ago, do I need a new one? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, wasp8898 said:

Thanks for this Hank. Sorry. I had B1 interviews before and they always asked for DS160 confirmation, so I just wanted to know if K1 doesnt ask this. And I got my answer. thanks! 

Also I reschedule this appointment because of sputum and had a  filled out ds160 like 3 months ago, do I need a new one? 

You DS-160 should still be good if nothing has changed.   Make sure to bring the confirmation page to the interview.

Immigrant visa process isn't the same as for the non-immigrant/B1

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

31 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You DS-160 should still be good if nothing has changed.   Make sure to bring the confirmation page to the interview.

Immigrant visa process isn't the same as for the non-immigrant/B1

Actually, something changed, I quit my job recently and what's on DS160 is I still have a job. Would that mean I have to do DS160 again? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, wasp8898 said:

Actually, something changed, I quit my job recently and what's on DS160 is I still have a job. Would that mean I have to do DS160 again? 

You will have an opportunity to review and edit the DS160 the day of the interview

YMMV

Timeline
9 hours ago, wasp8898 said:

Quitting your job doesn't matter.  No need to complete a new DS-160 for that

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.