Sweetdreaming

Knightsbridge Medical experience

34 posts in this topic

regarding MMR its 2 doses in your life, so if you had both courses as a child and its recorded you dont need them "within 10 years". The nurse thought I probably would have had them done before but I had no recollection and more importantly no record of it, I was told its harmless to have it done again even if it was the case that I had it done when i was younger.

Also, your GP has no reason to know what vaccinations are required for a visa.

17 minutes ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

I assume they push for you to do it away from the surgery because the NHS would do some of these for free or much cheaper at the very least. I can kind of understand that & I did consider it. But I've already paid so much for the medical and to have it incomplete would of been such a bummer. 

Exactly ! and the thing is, getting it done at Knightsbridge is *only* £90 which covers both MMR and Td, which in the whole scheme of things isnt a huge amount. Doing it this way saves you the inconvenience of setting up different appointments with your Dr or clinic, and attending them, you just get everything done on the same day at Knightsbridge.

Im very glad I did it this way even if I *may* have saved some money going the NHS route (its not always free even with NHS) and certainly glad i didnt do it AFTER the medical!. Ive seen other private companies such as Boots and Superdrug who offer the MMR where it costs £50 per shot and Td £35 so Knightsbridge is very competitive pricing wise. If someone can get it all done before the medical for free on NHS great, but I think getting it done at Knightsbridge for the £90 is a great option.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, skjourney said:

regarding MMR its 2 doses in your life, so if you had both courses as a child and its recorded you dont need them "within 10 years". The nurse thought I probably would have had them done before but I had no recollection and more importantly no record of it, I was told its harmless to have it done again even if it was the case that I had it done when i was younger.

Also, your GP has no reason to know what vaccinations are required for a visa.

Fair points. I meant more that it was a bit odd that I was short a vaccination update but GP had never said to me "hey you need to get this done to continue being immunised". Otherwise would of had them done ages ago. Just I thought my record had the full course on there but eh, what's done is done now!

Also yes - for what it's worth I was happy to have it done with Knightsbridge. On one hand they are very efficient - my local surgery might of been a bit more chatty and taken time. But the nurse basically administered them in very speedy fashion and did set it up so I could lay on the examination bed in the docs room in case I felt faint. Fast but I feel like I was still well looked after regardless. 

just checked on CEAC and my case was updated on the 15th, i assume thats them receiving and entering the Medical results ?

Havent heard anything from Knightsbridge, so i presume im good to go for the interview ?!

Edited by skjourney

• 8 months later...

Knightsbridge is the old location or is it this one below Either place, I am sure its similar.

Embassy of the United States of America 33 Nine Elms Lane London SW11 77S UK (new location) 

I arrived on time and handed over my medical history, vaccination history (had a small card from when i was a child), medical questionnaire, passport,  letter from embassy, copy of ACRO, medical questionnaire and the 4 "passport" photos. They took copies and held onto my passport.

What is ACRO? K-1 Fiance Visas's dont have interview letters from the embassy because we schedule them. We haven't even gotten our P3 Package yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Knightsbridge is the old location or is it this one below Either place, I am sure its similar.

Embassy of the United States of America 33 Nine Elms Lane London SW11 77S UK (new location) 

I arrived on time and handed over my medical history, vaccination history (had a small card from when i was a child), medical questionnaire, passport,  letter from embassy, copy of ACRO, medical questionnaire and the 4 "passport" photos. They took copies and held onto my passport.

What is ACRO? K-1 Fiance Visas's dont have interview letters from the embassy because we schedule them. We haven't even gotten our P3 Package yet.

ARCO is the police clearance. 

also the medical is not at the embassy it’s at this location: 

Ground floor flat (No4)

Bentinck Mansions

12-16 Bentinck Street 
London

W1U 2ER

Edited by FreyandRyan

12 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

ARCO is the police clearance. 

also the medical is not at the embassy it’s at this location: 

Ground floor flat (No4)

Bentinck Mansions

12-16 Bentinck Street 
London

W1U 2ER

yes, we have the police certificate - all good there! yes of course, i put the interview location by mistake. doctor appt is on monday!

With the medical monday we are just getting anxious..to confirm, we 100% dont need the P3 package correct? It said on the case status ours was updated jan 14 - but still nothing in the post yet.

6 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

With the medical monday we are just getting anxious..to confirm, we 100% dont need the P3 package correct? It said on the case status ours was updated jan 14 - but still nothing in the post yet.

I had my medical back in April, im not aware of any huge changes since - this is what i took - "I arrived on time and handed over my medical history, vaccination history (had a small card from when i was a child), passport, medical questionaire,  letter from embassy, copy of ACRO and the 4 "passport" photos. They took copies and held onto my passport. "

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Edited by skjourney

9 minutes ago, skjourney said:

I had my medical back in April, im not aware of any huge changes since - this is what i took - "I arrived on time and handed over my medical history, vaccination history (had a small card from when i was a child), passport, medical questionaire,  letter from embassy, copy of ACRO and the 4 "passport" photos. They took copies and held onto my passport. "

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Thanks, you responded with that before. I am saying we dont have it yet - is that a problem for the medical? Anyone who has been through it in the last 2-3 months?

do you have a copy of anything with the LND case number ? take that

Edited by skjourney

At the embassy, do they hand over the medical results or ever get to see them? or do they only call something out if something is wrong?

You'll get given a copy of your Ds 3025 report which lists your vaccination history that you will need for AOS are you up to date on your required vaccines? 

Other than that nothing else will be mentioned unless there's a problem, do you have a history of any health issues that would cause problems? If not then don't worry. 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, skjourney said:

do you have a copy of anything with the LND case number ? take that

Yes we have the case number in an email

5 hours ago, skjourney said:

You'll get given a copy of your Ds 3025 report which lists your vaccination history that you will need for AOS are you up to date on your required vaccines? 

Other than that nothing else will be mentioned unless there's a problem, do you have a history of any health issues that would cause problems? If not then don't worry. 

I was told they dont hand anything to you, everything is electronic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

I was told they dont hand anything to you, everything is electronic.

The original report goes electronically to the embassy some have reported. I believe you asked or said in that list you posted that you would take something from the medical to the embassy. The reply was you won’t take anything medical to the embassy.

The medical people will give you a photocopy of the vaccination sheet they fill out (DS-3025). It’s for you, not for you to take to the embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.