Jump to content
Kerri and Myles

Physical document with case number on it

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am keeping on top of calling the NVC to get our case number, and I see some couples actually from our NOA2 approval date who now have case numbers (March 20th, NOA2 approval), so hopefully we get our case number assigned to us any day now.

 

What we are curious about is for the medical what physical document can we get with the LND case number on it to take, if the medical happens to be scheduled for before the NVC packet with case number is received?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NVC will email you your LND case number, so print off the email & take that to the medical

The London embassy will send the beneficiary a 'packet' which just contains a letter & a copy of the approved K1 fiancé visa petition (I-129F)
 


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star:
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled":dance:

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star:


7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Meisha&Jake said:

NVC will email you your LND case number, so print off the email & take that to the medical

The London embassy will send the beneficiary a 'packet' which just contains a letter & a copy of the approved K1 fiancé visa petition (I-129F)
 

Just heard the notification from your response on my computer, thanks so much !  Although quick question on this, if I get my LND case number over the phone will they auto send me the email of my LND case number for us to print off, or do we specifically when getting the LND case number over the phone have to ask to be emailed the LND case number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kerri and Myles said:

Just heard the notification from your response on my computer, thanks so much !  Although quick question on this, if I get my LND case number over the phone will they auto send me the email of my LND case number for us to print off, or do we specifically when getting the LND case number over the phone have to ask to be emailed the LND case number?

If they give you it over the phone, clarify they will also send you the email (they should automatically, but best to ask to be on the safe side)


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star:
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled":dance:

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star:


7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kerri and Myles said:

Sweet, thank you so much!

Yw! good luck with the rest of the process :)


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star:
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled":dance:

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star:


7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kerri and Myles said:

Just heard the notification from your response on my computer, thanks so much !  Although quick question on this, if I get my LND case number over the phone will they auto send me the email of my LND case number for us to print off, or do we specifically when getting the LND case number over the phone have to ask to be emailed the LND case number?

The getting it over the phone and the email are not related. They will kindly give you the number.( I don't know why they still do this, the Dept of State quit taking those kinds of calls years ago because it took up too much staff time to appease the curious and anxious.) Your calling does not generate an email.

 

 When you case is ready to leave or has left from NVC, the Petitioner is notified by email that the approved petition has been sent to the consulate.  When London receives it and gets it all checked in to the system, they send a letter to the beneficiary stating they have received an approved petition and they can apply for a visa. They give the link to your K1 instructions online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The getting it over the phone and the email are not related. They will kindly give you the number.( I don't know why they still do this, the Dept of State quit taking those kinds of calls years ago because it took up too much staff time to appease the curious and anxious.) Your calling does not generate an email.

 

 When you case is ready to leave or has left from NVC, the Petitioner is notified by email that the approved petition has been sent to the consulate.  When London receives it and gets it all checked in to the system, they send a letter to the beneficiary stating they have received an approved petition and they can apply for a visa. They give the link to your K1 instructions online.

This confuses me, so their is no way to get anything with an LND case number on it to print out early? What is the point of scheduling the medical early then if we can't have anything with the physical LND case number on it?  This honestly confuses me so much because tons of people have gotten the case number from calling NVC and gotten something with the LND case number on it early to take with them to the medical, what exactly is this physical form we can get early with the LND case number on it early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

This confuses me, so their is no way to get anything with an LND case number on it to print out early? What is the point of scheduling the medical early then if we can't have anything with the physical LND case number on it?  This honestly confuses me so much because tons of people have gotten the case number from calling NVC and gotten something with the LND case number on it early to take with them to the medical, what exactly is this physical form we can get early with the LND case number on it early

Well...the embassy wants you to wait on their letter of instruction. They want your case in London before you start anything. But people pushed it and made appointments for medical a couple of weeks out assuming their letter will arrive in time. Then people pushed further when NVC started emailing the document saying case left there because that came faster than the embassy letter. So how far are you wanting to push it? How soon do you want to go to the medical. Do you have everything on the list? http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

 

There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it. The clinic is okay with any of them. You need one in hand on the day you attend. You only need to know your LND number (as told over the phone) for the clinic to give you an appointment. AND you really should allow 2 weeks between the medical and interview because they do not get your medical results there in 4-5 days or whatever they say. It used to happen, but I think they quit using a courier to get the results over same day. The mail takes days.

  1. Email notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Well...the embassy wants you to wait on their letter of instruction. They want your case in London before you start anything. But people pushed it and made appointments for medical a couple of weeks out assuming their letter will arrive in time. Then people pushed further when NVC started emailing the document saying case left there because that came faster than the embassy letter. So how far are you wanting to push it? How soon do you want to go to the medical. Do you have everything on the list? http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

 

There are three things that will have your LND number printed on it. The clinic is okay with any of them. You need one in hand on the day you attend. You only need to know your LND number (as told over the phone) for the clinic to give you an appointment. AND you really should allow 2 weeks between the medical and interview because they do not get your medical results there in 4-5 days or whatever they say. It used to happen, but I think they quit using a courier to get the results over same day. The mail takes days.

  1. Email notice from NVC to American fiancé saying the approved petition has gone to consulate in London.
  2. Instruction letter from London to British fiancé saying they have received the approved petition. 
  3. Your CEAC online status

 

Vaccination records, with original certification

 

what does the "with original certification"  she has her vaccination records that are in her medical summary

 

other than that going through the entire medical list we have everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, Kerri and Myles said:

Vaccination records, with original certification

 

what does the "with original certification"  she has her vaccination records that are in her medical summary

 

other than that going through the entire medical list we have everything

We were still curious about this, anyone have an idea what the original certification means along witht he vaccination records?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kerri and Myles said:

We were still curious about this, anyone have an idea what the original certification means along witht he vaccination records?

Probably just means that the vaccination record is on an official card or record from your doctor and not a self-printed document.


CR1 Visa Timeline

 

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×