6 posts in this topic

Can someone please help me? 

i sent my documents to the address for courier or express mail while the documents was sent as a regular mail. Im worried. What will happen now?

Request for Initial Evidence (1-485) i his office is unable to complete the processing of your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, (Form 1-485) without initial information. Submit ALL of the information requested below at one time. Failure to do so will result in a denial. You must submit the information within 87 days to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, PO Box 648004, Lee's Summit, MO 64002. For Express Mail or Courier deliveries, send to USCIS, Attention: Adjustment of Status, 850 NW Chipman Rd., Lee'sSummit, MO 64063. Include this letter with your response.

Edited by zhirjs01

15 minutes ago, zhirjs01 said:

i sent my documents to the address for courier or express mail while the documents was sent as a regular mail. Im worried. What will happen now?

Request for Initial Evidence (1-485) i his office is unable to complete the processing of your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, (Form 1-485) without initial information. Submit ALL of the information requested below at one time. Failure to do so will result in a denial. You must submit the information within 87 days to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, PO Box 648004, Lee's Summit, MO 64002. For Express Mail or Courier deliveries, send to USCIS, Attention: Adjustment of Status, 850 NW Chipman Rd., Lee'sSummit, MO 64063. Include this letter with your response.

Sorry? What is your RFE asking you to send regarding "initial documents".

They did receive it and accepted it if you received an RFE so where you sent it originally is not the problem now....

Unless you are trying to state you submitted the I485 form by itself and then the supporting documents later for some strange reason?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 minutes ago, zhirjs01 said:

• Check if you had the correct address: 850 NW Chipman Rd., Lee'sSummit, MO 64063  as you sent your document via express mail.  The service used to send the REF letter was not important.
  • If you are unsure or just to be double-sure, re-send the document via regular to PO Box 648004, Lee's Summit, MO 64002. The worse case: one will just be disregarded if they receive both.

5 minutes ago, zhirjs01 said:

Thankyou for the response 

I sent out an RFE just today as regular mail (not express or courier) to the address that is SUPPOSED to be for express or courier mail. My question is Are they going to send it back to me? Or will they accept it? 😔

Ohhhhhhh that's most likely fine as the address for express mail or courier is received by a real person.

If it was the other way around and you has sent it by courier to the lockbox (ie. USPS address), it would have not been able to have been received because courier shipments need to be signed for and the lockbox is not manned by a person so it could not be signed for.

You should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.