Clarification needed on Egypt P3 process

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, virgie6810 said:

He hasn’t sent anything yet; we got an email from the embassy telling us what documents to send.  So my fiancé is getting them together (police certificate, birth certificate, passport-type photos, etc.)

Can you guys tell me what paperwork they asked you to send to the embassy. I want to start working on it now. Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, sheksahim said:

Can you guys tell me what paperwork they asked you to send to the embassy. I want to start working on it now. Thanks 

This is the list.  I’ll send the medical exam letter in a separate reply.

1.      Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2.      Photocopy of bilingual birth certificate

3.      A copy of your bilingual divorce certificate (If previously married and divorced)

4.      Police certificate from your country of nationality if you are 16 years old or older

5.      Police certificate if you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time.

6.      An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner.

7.      Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only).  Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

8.      Medical exam for applicant as attached, medical examination report should be submitted on the day of the visa interview. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examination 3weeks prior to the date of their visa interview.

9.      Applications: DS-160 application online application form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, please print the confirmation page and send it along with the documents.

10-                       Photograph:

Please ensure your passport photo conforms to the following requirements. We will be unable to process your case without a

photo that meets these standards:

·        Hairline showing

·        Taken within the last 6 months

·        Colored photo (no black & white)

·        White/light background

·        Full face towards the camera

·        No colored eye contacts

·        5 cm x 5 cm

·        No eyeglasses

Birth/ Death /Marriage or Divorce certificates

-         Applicants must provide a copy of their Official bilingual Birth/Marriage/Death or Divorce certificates from the Civil Status Organization headquarters. please see https://cso.moi.gov.eg/ and https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Egypt.html

-         Certificates are usually issued within one week period.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo 

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

Timeline
18 hours ago, sheksahim said:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires that all immigrant visa applicants and certain nonimmigrant visa applicants undergo a medical examination prior to receiving a visa.  The medical examination should be done by one of the authorized physicians listed below. Physicians will refer you to a syphilis testing laboratory. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examinations 3 weeks prior to the date of the visa interview.  Please bring the results to your visa interview. Please do NOT open your results!

IMPORTANT NOTE

The validity of your visa will be limited to the length of validity of your medical report. Travel clearances are valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who have no Tuberculosis Classification or Class B2 TB or Class B3 TB. Travel clearances are valid for 3 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who are Class B1 TB, Pulmonary or Class B1 TB, ExtrapulmonaryApplicants who do not travel within the clearance period will need to restart the whole process. Any applicant diagnosed with pulmonary or laryngeal tuberculosis who needs treatment is not cleared to travel until completion of successful treatment, regardless of the diagnostic criteria. Please contact the panel physician for further information.  

Requirements:

You must have your passport/s and three passport-size photographs of each person to be medically examined, along with your case number, in order to complete the medical exam. 

If you suffer from a chronic illness, have been treated for any disease, or are under psychiatric care, you should present your medical file during examination.

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS:

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations: 

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus.

To assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician’s review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician. Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

Blood test and X-ray:

The blood test and X-ray are generally not required of persons under the age of 15, but they are required, under existing United States law, of all other persons. You must undergo the medical examination at least ten days prior to your scheduled appointment at the Consulate. Failure to do so may result in processing delays.

Effective October 1, 2016all visa applicants undergoing a medical exam, 15 years of age or older are required to be tested for gonorrhea. Applicants younger than 15 must be tested if there is a history of gonorrhea or reason to suspect gonorrhea infection.  Gonorrhea has long been an inadmissible condition under INA 212(a)(1)(a)(i), but panel physicians previously only tested applicants who were symptomaticGonorrhea is a communicable disease of public health significance and applicants with gonorrhea are ineligible for a visa to the United States under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND VACCINATION FEE

Physical Examination:            L.E. 500  

Serologic test for syphilis:            L.E. 130

Chest X-ray: L.E. 350

Gonorrhea test                                                           L.E1120

Vaccination Fees: Varies according to age and vaccines required

All fees are the responsibility of the applicant

Please contact one of the following physicians for an appointment:

Dr. Magda Ramzi Habib

Dr. EmanKmal Sabet

Dr. Peter Elia

Address:

Anglo-American Hospital

El Borg St., Gezera, Cairo

Telephone numbers:

01287929929- 01224463734

Working hours

Saturday through Thursday

10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Dr. Hesham El Boraolosy

Dr. Eman Roshdy

Address:

Al Sherouk Hospital

5, Bahr El Gazal Street

Ahmed Orabi, Cairo

Telephone numbers:

33044901- 33044892

Working hours

10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Dr. Amr Maher

Address:

97 Abdel Salam Aref St.

Gleem, Alexandria

Telephone numbers:

03-582-2323

Working hours

Saturday through Wednesday

6:00 – 8:00 p.m.

3 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires that all immigrant visa applicants and certain nonimmigrant visa applicants undergo a medical examination prior to receiving a visa.  The medical examination should be done by one of the authorized physicians listed below. Physicians will refer you to a syphilis testing laboratory. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examinations 3 weeks prior to the date of the visa interview.  Please bring the results to your visa interview. Please do NOT open your results!

IMPORTANT NOTE

The validity of your visa will be limited to the length of validity of your medical report. Travel clearances are valid for 6 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who have no Tuberculosis Classification or Class B2 TB or Class B3 TB. Travel clearances are valid for 3 months from the time the evaluation is complete for applicants who are Class B1 TB, Pulmonary or Class B1 TB, ExtrapulmonaryApplicants who do not travel within the clearance period will need to restart the whole process. Any applicant diagnosed with pulmonary or laryngeal tuberculosis who needs treatment is not cleared to travel until completion of successful treatment, regardless of the diagnostic criteria. Please contact the panel physician for further information.  

Requirements:

You must have your passport/s and three passport-size photographs of each person to be medically examined, along with your case number, in order to complete the medical exam. 

If you suffer from a chronic illness, have been treated for any disease, or are under psychiatric care, you should present your medical file during examination.

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS:

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Instructions and procedural guides direct panel physicians who conduct immigrant visa medical examinations to verify that applicants have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations: 

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus.

To assist the panel physician, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician’s review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician. Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

Blood test and X-ray:

The blood test and X-ray are generally not required of persons under the age of 15, but they are required, under existing United States law, of all other persons. You must undergo the medical examination at least ten days prior to your scheduled appointment at the Consulate. Failure to do so may result in processing delays.

Effective October 1, 2016all visa applicants undergoing a medical exam, 15 years of age or older are required to be tested for gonorrhea. Applicants younger than 15 must be tested if there is a history of gonorrhea or reason to suspect gonorrhea infection.  Gonorrhea has long been an inadmissible condition under INA 212(a)(1)(a)(i), but panel physicians previously only tested applicants who were symptomaticGonorrhea is a communicable disease of public health significance and applicants with gonorrhea are ineligible for a visa to the United States under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND VACCINATION FEE

Physical Examination:            L.E. 500  

Serologic test for syphilis:            L.E. 130

Chest X-ray: L.E. 350

Gonorrhea test                                                           L.E1120

Vaccination Fees: Varies according to age and vaccines required

All fees are the responsibility of the applicant

Please contact one of the following physicians for an appointment:

Dr. Magda Ramzi Habib

Dr. EmanKmal Sabet

Dr. Peter Elia

Address:

Anglo-American Hospital

El Borg St., Gezera, Cairo

Telephone numbers:

01287929929- 01224463734

Working hours

10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Dr. Hesham El Boraolosy

Dr. Eman Roshdy

Address:

Al Sherouk Hospital

5, Bahr El Gazal Street

Ahmed Orabi, Cairo

Telephone numbers:

33044901- 33044892

Working hours

10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Dr. Amr Maher

Address:

97 Abdel Salam Aref St.

Gleem, Alexandria

Telephone numbers:

03-582-2323

Working hours

Saturday through Wednesday

6:00 – 8:00 p.m.

I can't thank you enough. I really appreciate you taking the time to post all this info. I called USCIS yesterday and they told me everything look ok ,Im not sure why no approval yet and I already hit 6 months 

Timeline
1 minute ago, sheksahim said:

I can't thank you enough. I really appreciate you taking the time to post all this info. I called USCIS yesterday and they told me everything look ok ,Im not sure why no approval yet and I already hit 6 months 

Oh that is terrible! :( We got approval after 4 months and 2 days.... but still waiting on the Packet 3 email from the cairo embassy. First available appointment is showing May 29th.... UGH

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

Please note:  all of that information is for the embassy in Cairo, Egypt.   May be different from your consulate.  Sorry, forgot about that.

1 minute ago, sdjk said:

Oh that is terrible! :( We got approval after 4 months and 2 days.... but still waiting on the Packet 3 email from the cairo embassy. First available appointment is showing May 29th.... UGH

I sent them my separation agreement instead of my final divorce decree which cause me an RFE and now I'm paying the price. :(

1 minute ago, virgie6810 said:

Please note:  all of that information is for the embassy in Cairo, Egypt.   May be different from your consulate.  Sorry, forgot about that.

Ours is through Cairo Egypt. Thank you so so much Virgie :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, sheksahim said:

I sent them my separation agreement instead of my final divorce decree which cause me an RFE and now I'm paying the price. :(

OH BUMMER!!!

4 minutes ago, sdjk said:

You will wait for 2 months just for an appointment ???????????? FR !!! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

Ours is through Cairo Egypt. Thank you so so much Virgie :)

You’re welcome.  Good luck, and hang in there!  🙂

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sdjk said:

Sdjk,

How did you find out when the first available appointment is?  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

Sdjk,

How did you find out when the first available appointment is?  

My fiance and I are at that point in the process to be able to see that. We have created the profile on the ... website I can't remember the address of.... and have completed the DS-160. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.