Jump to content
ethanx

Case “Ready” on CEAC how long is the validity?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This might’ve been asked a lot of times before so I apologize 😅 but I just wanna ask if how long is the approved petition valid when it’s in the consulate already? I’m in the Philippines btw. 

 

Mine is already “Ready” on CEAC so technically I can start the medical and schedule my interview. But work is still a bit hectic so I’m not yet sure when to schedule my interview (I’ll schedule the interview first so I can put a good amount of time between interview and medical prob. around 1-2 weeks in between). 

 

So yeah, how long will it be valid? Your insights will be appreciated. Thank you! 

 

P.S. case was sent from NVC on March 19 and CEAC showed Ready on March 22. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ethanx said:

This might’ve been asked a lot of times before so I apologize 😅 but I just wanna ask if how long is the approved petition valid when it’s in the consulate already? I’m in the Philippines btw. 

 

Mine is already “Ready” on CEAC so technically I can start the medical and schedule my interview. But work is still a bit hectic so I’m not yet sure when to schedule my interview (I’ll schedule the interview first so I can put a good amount of time between interview and medical prob. around 1-2 weeks in between). 

 

So yeah, how long will it be valid? Your insights will be appreciated. Thank you! 

 

P.S. case was sent from NVC on March 19 and CEAC showed Ready on March 22. 

NOA2 is valid for 4 months after I-129F approval. If you can't make the interview before then, you can e-mail your consulate/embassy to extend it with 4 months.

You can extend it up to 12 months (4 months at a time), but this not advisable since you filed the I-129F cause you were ready to move to the US, so the consulate/embassy will question why you extended it for so long. Extending it with a few weeks/a month is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, C90 said:

NOA2 is valid for 4 months after I-129F approval. If you can't make the interview before then, you can e-mail your consulate/embassy to extend it with 4 months.

You can extend it up to 12 months (4 months at a time), but this not advisable since you filed the I-129F cause you were ready to move to the US, so the consulate/embassy will question why you extended it for so long. Extending it with a few weeks/a month is fine.

Hi! Thank you for taking time to answer. So if I got my NOA2 on Feb 7, then it’s only valid until June right? And then I can ask for it to be extended if I needed to. 

 

Hopefully I’ll not need it extended beyond the primary 4 months of validity. I’ll complete it within May I hope.

 

Again, thank you! 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ethanx said:

Hi! Thank you for taking time to answer. So if I got my NOA2 on Feb 7, then it’s only valid until June right? And then I can ask for it to be extended if I needed to. 

 

Hopefully I’ll not need it extended beyond the primary 4 months of validity. I’ll complete it within May I hope.

 

Again, thank you! 💕

If your status is 'ready' you should have NOA2 already. The date on there is the 'end date'. If your interview is after that date, you can extend. 

But yeah, if your approval date is Feb 7, your NOA2 should have the 'end date' of around June 7, but double check your NOA2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C90 said:If your status is 'ready' you should have NOA2 already. The date on there is the 'end date'. If your interview is after that date, you can extend. 

But yeah, if your approval date is Feb 7, your NOA2 should have the 'end date' of around June 7, but double check your NOA2

Hehe yes it’s there it says valid from 2/7/19 to 6/6/19. If I needed to extend it I’ll get in touch with my consulate right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ethanx said:

 If I needed to extend it I’ll get in touch with my consulate right? 

Yup, or embassy, whichever your case goes through (some countries use the consulate, others use the embassy. Not sure what the Philippines uses)

Edited by C90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C90 said:

Yup, or embassy, whichever your case goes through (some countries use the consulate, others use the embassy. Not sure what the Philippines uses)

Best to get in touch with the immigrant Visa unit


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×