luckylady

ROC Evidence - Any Advice?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 5:31 AM, luckylady said:

Thanks again Sukie, for your advice. He called back and asked again about adding me on the policy and they agreed, he didn't even have to ask about adding me as a valid claimant. Yay! The changes to the policy are dated 4/3/19 and the policy term is 2/17/19 to 2/17/20, so hopefully it doesn't raise alarm, and it doesn't state when exactly I was added, just states our names as the insured. So hopefully they won't catch on that I was just added. This policy term started in Feb 2019 though he bought the house in 2010, because of the home renovations which just concluded, hopefully it doesn't raise suspicion.

We will say that I am not on the mortgage because it would need a refinance (I dont know if this is actually correct, I saw it on this site- I hope this is standard practice for most mortgages?) but I am on the home insurance policy. And we will include the settlement documents to show that he purchased the house years before we married thats why utilities are in his name and he is the one that pays them since I work part time anyway (plus utility companies refused to have more than 1 name on the bill).

I am wondering if it would be beneficial for him to add me to his checking account now as an authorized user, then we can send quarterly statements from that account too, from 2017 or so, to show that its the account which pays the bills?! Or would it be suspect coz he would be adding me in April 2019 the same month as we are filing? But then again, the statements wouldn't show my name since I would be an authorized user, not a joint owner of the account. And we'd just print the account details from a web page showing me listed as authorized user. So the immigration officer may not catch on to the fact that I was just added on this April. Any thoughts anyone? Or best to only send the joint checking account statements which show just my income deposited into the account (and no utilities or mortgage paid from this account), and statements from his credit card to which I am an authorized user plus copies of both our cards?

It's not about them "catching on" that you have just been added.  The fact that you HAVE been added is important, because adding someone to a bank account is not an easy action to undo.

Just have your spouse add a note that you are not on the mortgage, because it would have required refinancing.  No need to add documents to prove this or to prove the utility side of things. The fact that you are on the homeowner's insurance is enough.

Having a copy of the webpage showing you as an authorized user is great.  Copies of both credit cards is good.

You will be fine!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.