1,621 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, emerlee85 said:

Got the notification that my interview has been scheduled. I filed in boston towards end of April!  Once I know my date I will update!

It is scheduled for October 16th

On 9/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, GT&RAC said:

Hey y’all! 

I had my interview yesterday at Frankfurt US Consulate, Germany (because military overseas) and passed (yays!). 

My oath ceremony will take place in Stutgart on 26th Sept. 

I asked the officer a few questions and would like to share with you as well thinking that may help you guys also. 

- Do we have to do anything about Social Security like updating etc.?

Yes. Once you get your naturalization certificate, you should go SS personally and update your status. For us who are overseas, should go to ( with an appointment) their US consulate’s federal benefits office for that. 

- I have a child from my ex-husband who is living with me and my US citizen husband (not adopted, step-child status). He has his 10 year green card. How will the new USCIS policy change about presence and residence requirements will effect my child status? 

The officer went thru their manual and stuff and couldn’t come up with an answer right away at the spot. Instead, he said he’ll search this and let me know with an email. 

Another officer commented that once I become a US citizen,  my naturalization will spread to my child and my child would automatically gain the citizenship so I could apply for his passport along with mine right away 🤔 will definitely try to do this but I’m not fully convinced that it will work. Btw, my son is 9 years old. She said this is applicable for kids younger than 13.

What are your thoughts?

Below is an excerpt from USCIS - https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents

If your child meets the below conditions, (s) he will be citizen automatically.  

Children of U.S. Citizens Residing Outside the United States

Children residing outside of the United States may obtain citizenship under Section 322 of the INA. A child who regularly resides outside of the United States is eligible for naturalization if all of the following conditions have been met:

• The child has at least one parent, including an adoptive parent, who is a U.S. citizen by birth or through naturalization; 
  • The child’s U.S. citizen parent or U.S. citizen grandparent meets certain physical presence requirements in the United States or an outlying possession;  
  • The child is under 18 years of age;
  • The child is residing outside of the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent, or of a person who does not object to the application if the U.S. citizen parent is deceased; and
  • The child is lawfully admitted, physically present, and maintaining a lawful status in the United States at the time the application is approved and the time of naturalization. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 hours ago, emerlee85 said:

It is scheduled for October 16th

Awesome Emerlee85!!! I updated the tracker:-)

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

1 minute ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Awesome Emerlee85!!! I updated the tracker:-)

Thank you! I was just about to log on and do that! Now time to brush up on the test questions

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ak2010 said:

To keep you guys posted, my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for September 26, 2019. I received the online notification and oath ceremony notice today. Please feel free to update the spread sheet for April 2019 filers. 

Best regards! 

Yaaay Ak2010! Congratulations on passing your interview and getting the oath date! I updated the tracker:-)

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Timeline
1 minute ago, emerlee85 said:

Thank you! I was just about to log on and do that! Now time to brush up on the test questions

You GOT this:-D I have been using this deal online https://civicsquestions.com/all/ 

It's a pretty cool tool - It will even ask what state you are in so it can tell you the correct answer to "name your representative/governor"

3 minutes ago, Vikingoutwest said:

You GOT this:-D I have been using this deal online https://civicsquestions.com/all/ 

It's a pretty cool tool - It will even ask what state you are in so it can tell you the correct answer to "name your representative/governor"

Thank you so much

Timeline

Hello Guys,

I've done the citizen interview yesterday, and I pass the interview as well, so  I wanna share my experience to everyone as well.

My interview supposes to be at 8.15am, but the IO called me 10 minutes earlier, and first of all, you have to promise you to tell the truth. Then he goes over every question form the application form I've filled, so it is very important that you know all the answer you put in, then he starts the question. I'll write it below.

1.  How many senators we have

2. Wh is the vice president

3. state right

I can't remember the 4-6 question. and the reading was: Which state has most people? Writing: California has most people.

After that, he starts the yes and no questions and asking me about the military training and selective military question. Also I've never interview inside the United state, so He took more time to know our history and ask for the proof of our mortgage, and future, I will say prepare all the document you can, it always better than sorry, and We've chatted a little bit as well,  I was nervous by the time , and I think it's important that your spouse comes with you, because when he asks me how I got there and he hears the answer then he was happy for that,  just be prepared and confident, and I got the recommend on the site, the website change the status as soon as we walk out the building,  but still waiting for the letter.

Glad I found this thread when I prepare the materials and interview,  hope my experience can help people from this group as well, I'll update the ceremony date after I get the letter, thanks.

By the way, my interview time was very long, it took me 45 minutes for the interview.

Edited by Aaron001

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Aaron001 said:

Hello Guys,

I've done the citizen interview yesterday, and I pass the interview as well, so  I wanna share my experience to everyone as well.

My interview supposes to be at 8.15am, but the IO called me 10 minutes earlier, and first of all, you have to promise you to tell the truth. Then he goes over every question form the application form I've filled, so it is very important that you know all the answer you put in, then he starts the question. I'll write it below.

1.  How many senators we have

2. Wh is the vice president

3. state right

I can't remember the 4-6 question. and the reading was: Which state has most people? Writing: California has most people.

After that, he starts the yes and no questions and asking me about the military training and selective military question. Also I've never interview inside the United state, so He took more time to know our history and ask for the proof of our mortgage, and future, I will say prepare all the document you can, it always better than sorry, and We've chatted a little bit as well,  I was nervous by the time , and I think it's important that your spouse comes with you, because when he asks me how I got there and he hears the answer then he was happy for that,  just be prepared and confident, and I got the recommend on the site, the website change the status as soon as we walk out the building,  but still waiting for the letter.

Glad I found this thread when I prepare the materials and interview,  hope my experience can help people from this group as well, I'll update the ceremony date after I get the letter, thanks.

By the way, my interview time was very long, it took me 45 minutes for the interview.

Congratulations Aaron001!!! You are one BIG step closer to being done, Hurray!! Thank you for sharing your experience with us:-D 

15 minutes ago, Aaron001 said:

I just got my oath ceremony date, it's on september 30th, will keep you guys updated, thanks.

your post inspired me, thought mine  appeared in my document tab already, lol, I received the email yesterday but...

unfortunately I still need to be patient in checking my status every after 30 mins to see when will my schedule is 😂

image.png

image.png

Edited by Phil&Mich

Hello everyone! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Congratulations to all the citizens and those who passed their interview!

I have a question: is there any document that arrives in the mail (the original) that you need to go through the entire process or the copies that are in our online profile also work? 

Thanks in advance!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

On 9/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, Phil&Mich said:

your post inspired me, thought mine  appeared in my document tab already, lol, I received the email yesterday but...

unfortunately I still need to be patient in checking my status every after 30 mins to see when will my schedule is 😂

image.png

image.png

Keep lokkking, it should be tomorrow since everything is off during the weekend :)

6 hours ago, EmsVnt said:

Hello everyone! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Congratulations to all the citizens and those who passed their interview!

I have a question: is there any document that arrives in the mail (the original) that you need to go through the entire process or the copies that are in our online profile also work? 

Thanks in advance!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hi Your question was not clear, but I printed the online application just in case, brought with me the orginal documents like the Marriage CFT and the BC 
nothing was asked, only he asked me for the green card :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.