jaypablo

How long does it take for second citizenship interview?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
21 hours ago, lovemywife85 said:

Why you need a second interview? May I ask you thanks!

Because I got a request for evidence for my case so the tier 2 officer over the phone told me that I have a second interview on the way. Do you how long it might take to be called? It's already been a month.

21 hours ago, lovemywife85 said:

Why you need a second interview? May I ask you thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, lovemywife85 said:

Is it ROC ? I mean do you have your 10 years card ? 

Yes I have my 10 years green card. It's a second citizenship interview. How long is it going to take?

Timeline
1 minute ago, lovemywife85 said:

Why do they ask you to do a second interview? If you explain more I might be able to know what to answer you? Do they ask for like Tax doc?

Yes like tax docs stuffs like that.

Timeline
Just now, lovemywife85 said:

Did you send them the Docs that they ask you for? Usually, after 30 days, they will look at the docs. Did you pass the English and  Civic test?

Yes I sent them all the docs, passed the civic and English test as well. I know that they looked at the docs already but what I want to know is how long is it going to be until the second interview. The tier 2 officer told me it's on the way. Is it going to be one month or two until it's scheduled?

Timeline

The initial interview took place on the 28th of November 2018. I don't remember everything. All I remember is that I had two missing tax documents 2016 and 2017. I got a request for evidence to submit them. I need you to give an estimate of when I can expect the second interview.

12 minutes ago, jaypablo said:

The initial interview took place on the 28th of November 2018. I don't remember everything. All I remember is that I had two missing tax documents 2016 and 2017. I got a request for evidence to submit them. I need you to give an estimate of when I can expect the second interview.

Usually for Tax docs, If you owe tax? it will take like 60 days from the first interview? Sometimes the IO could give a decision without an interview If you have submitted sufficient docs for them.  Do you owe any tax ?

14 minutes ago, jaypablo said:

USCIS can also call you for another interview if the officer needs to speak to you again to resolve any issues on your eligibility for citizenship. This usually happens when something in your application, something you said in your first interview, or some document you provided is confusing to the officer or doesn’t match information that USCIS received after your interview.

Another reason for a second interview is that USCIS needs you to answer questions about what might have happened since your first interview.

USCIS can’t make you come back for an interview any sooner than 60 days after your first. Usually, the second interview will be scheduled to occur 60 to 90 days after the first, because the law encourages USCIS to make a decision within 120 days of the date of your first interview. You can’t request to postpone the second interview for a date more than 90 days after the first unless you agree to give up your right to get a decision within 120 days of your first interview.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, lovemywife85 said:

USCIS can also call you for another interview if the officer needs to speak to you again to resolve any issues on your eligibility for citizenship. This usually happens when something in your application, something you said in your first interview, or some document you provided is confusing to the officer or doesn’t match information that USCIS received after your interview.

Another reason for a second interview is that USCIS needs you to answer questions about what might have happened since your first interview.

USCIS can’t make you come back for an interview any sooner than 60 days after your first. Usually, the second interview will be scheduled to occur 60 to 90 days after the first, because the law encourages USCIS to make a decision within 120 days of the date of your first interview. You can’t request to postpone the second interview for a date more than 90 days after the first unless you agree to give up your right to get a decision within 120 days of your first interview.

I don't owe taxes but thanks for your responses they helped a lot. Good to know that I won't have to wait too long for the second interview to be scheduled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.