Jaz & JP

NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER PROCESSING TIME ON I-130 APPLICATION

130 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, MercyDom said:

For us it’s been 40 days since they received our RFE and we still have nothing. Tried sending the third outside normal processing time service request and it won’t allow it. The second service request we sent has passed 30 days  but it’s not letting us send the third one. I’m loosing my mind with all this. 

When we responded to our first RFE, it took over 2 months for them to respond. Then they transferred our case, then we got a second RFE and after we responded to that we received the approval in 2 weeks. It won’t let you send the 3rd one because of the 60-90 day processing time of an RFE. Unfortunately, you have to give it another 20 days and it should let you submit the 3rd one. It’s a very stressful thing to go through and you can call and submit inquiries a million times. But they won’t process anything until their ready to process...I hope you hear something soon. 🤞🏼

23 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Oh my friend!!!! I am soooo happy for you!! know your joy...it’s an unexplainable feeling to those not going through this!! You were very lucky to have an CO that truly cared and did something about it. Applying for the B2 was the best decision you made. You came out winning...I am still at NVC..their uploading site CEAC has been down for over 1 week now, so it’s just a matter of waiting, again. Don’t lose touch with me...keep me updated on everything that’s going on and let me know if you need any help, I will still be here for you. Again, congratulations finally!!!! 😍😍

Thank you!!!! Hope your process goes smooth for NVC. I know it is much much easier than I 130 waiting game. LOL. Yes, I will keep in touch with you. I hope everyone here get the great news soon. we all deserve this.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

UPDATE: Received a letter yesterday (dated 10/31/19) from USCIS (local office) letting me know that I (Petitioner) have an appointment at the Immigration Service Office in 2 weeks.  This interview may be video taped and to expect to being at the interview for approximately 2 HOURS which makes me very nervous.  I hope all goes well.  Does any of you have an idea what kind of questions I'll be asked? or even why I am being interviewed?

personal picDaisypath - (mxJ9)

Jaz ❤️'s J. Pablo

Married - 06/02/2018

Filed I-130 Application - 08/16/2018

NOA1 (Potomac) - 08/20/2018

Transfer Notice  (NBC) - 02/11/2019

Transfer to Local office for Interview - 03/18/2019

RFE/Interview (Local office) - 11/18/2019

RFE SENT - 02/12/2020

NOA2 Approved -  (National Benefits Center) - 03/10/2020

On 11/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, Jaz & JP said:

UPDATE: Received a letter yesterday (dated 10/31/19) from USCIS (local office) letting me know that I (Petitioner) have an appointment at the Immigration Service Office in 2 weeks.  This interview may be video taped and to expect to being at the interview for approximately 2 HOURS which makes me very nervous.  I hope all goes well.  Does any of you have an idea what kind of questions I'll be asked? or even why I am being interviewed?

I have never heard that!! Hope everything goes well. At least they contacted you, hope this is the final stage on I 130.  I am praying for you.... 

On 10/22/2019 at 6:48 AM, Ayako2019 said:

Thank you!!!! Hope your process goes smooth for NVC. I know it is much much easier than I 130 waiting game. LOL. Yes, I will keep in touch with you. I hope everyone here get the great news soon. we all deserve this.  

We finally received our interview date, 12/12. We submitted all our documents on 9/18, and were DQ on 10/31...where are you in the process? 

4 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

We finally received our interview date, 12/12. We submitted all our documents on 9/18, and were DQ on 10/31...where are you in the process? 

Yay!!! Happy for you! For our case, we got case number 2 weeks ago. what it is is...  when we got denied for B2 interview, interviewer said they would contact USCIS for us and ask if they can  expedited our process. That is why I 130 got approved next day and they even expedited all the NVC process at my country's embassy. So my daughter has an interview in 2 weeks at the embassy and we just need to bring all the documentations NVC required there.  I just had to do her DS 260 for her. so we are almost done and can be there for Christmas,  It was a long process... Thank you for all your help. I am very happy for you and your husband, too!!

8 minutes ago, Ayako2019 said:

Yay!!! Happy for you! For our case, we got case number 2 weeks ago. what it is is...  when we got denied for B2 interview, interviewer said they would contact USCIS for us and ask if they can  expedited our process. That is why I 130 got approved next day and they even expedited all the NVC process at my country's embassy. So my daughter has an interview in 2 weeks at the embassy and we just need to bring all the documentations NVC required there.  I just had to do her DS 260 for her. so we are almost done and can be there for Christmas,  It was a long process... Thank you for all your help. I am very happy for you and your husband, too!!

You are so welcome! 

Oh how exciting!! There was never any reason for her 1-130 to take this long. The spousal petitions I understand the wait, but your child, no. So I am glad they expedited through NVC as well. This entire process is very long and draining. It just makes us much stronger in the end when it’s all done, we can finally say, “we did it!” Good luck at the interview and let me know when you are on your way. 🙏🏼

12 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

You are so welcome! 

Oh how exciting!! There was never any reason for her 1-130 to take this long. The spousal petitions I understand the wait, but your child, no. So I am glad they expedited through NVC as well. This entire process is very long and draining. It just makes us much stronger in the end when it’s all done, we can finally say, “we did it!” Good luck at the interview and let me know when you are on your way. 🙏🏼

Yes, it was meaninglessly long.... I know some ppl are still waiting over a year from NBC... I hope everyone hear the good news soon.  She has a medical tomorrow! I will let you know how the interview goes. Praying for you too!  

On 11/13/2019 at 5:19 AM, Ayako2019 said:

Yes, it was meaninglessly long.... I know some ppl are still waiting over a year from NBC... I hope everyone hear the good news soon.  She has a medical tomorrow! I will let you know how the interview goes. Praying for you too!  

That’s so sad that people are still waiting. Please let me know how everything goes. My husband has already scheduled his medical as well. I leave here in less than two weeks , I’m beyond excited. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We have decided to expedite our case and we fax the documents they asked for yesterday and now our case status has changed to initial review. We hop this works and hope we can get some good news soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MercyDom said:

We have decided to expedite our case and we fax the documents they asked for yesterday and now our case status has changed to initial review. We hop this works and hope we can get some good news soon.

If you don't mind me asking... what is the reason for the expedite?

Jaz ❤️'s J. Pablo

Married - 06/02/2018

RFE SENT - 02/12/2020

Timeline

Sounds like we are getting an RFE letter soon requesting additional information.  Some of the documents they are wanting are:

1. Proof that I was separated 05/2016

2. Copies of our FB messages from 04/2018

3. Certified letter indicating that my current husband was never married, or, if he was married that he is legally divorced

I want to mention that the interview was not that bad and I hope that we get the RFE letter soon so that the files keep moving forward.

#15monthsandstillnoNOA2

Jaz ❤️'s J. Pablo

Married - 06/02/2018

RFE SENT - 02/12/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jaz & JP said:

If you don't mind me asking... what is the reason for the expedite?

Medical reasons. We didn’t want to release my husband medical information but this who delay has given us no choice. 
we just hope it will help us speed up the whole process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.